Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well most of you know my build....it was going to be a maxed out t28 w/ a 50 shot.....so i decided to go hx.....but...i have the brand new nitrous kit sitting here....

opinions please

-sell the nitrous....its not needed....the hx will be more than enough for 400whp

-keep it cuz i may want it for what reason?

-run it because it will benifit how?

-other

im not going to give it away...it cost about ~$350 to my door....i wouldnt accept any less than 300 in my pocket free and clear....so...i could deffinatly use that to get the rest of the parts needed to get back on the road....what to do...money is tight, and i need ~500 to be back on the road w/ a base map .....then RCauto aint free :p ...

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
sell the spray. you do not need it! the hx will do all the power you need

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if there is a good reason to keep it....something im either not aware of or something im just not thinking of......then i will, i mean i have it...im sure its not gonna sell super fast....but hey if anyone wants it msrp is $435...give me 300+shipping ....

i could def. use the money.....im driving a fwd 2000lb car....a little lag might help get me off the line

at this point the only reason i see to keep it right now is to have a bright ass orenge bottle in the hatch and tell people i have it..... im not sure how functional it would be

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right but then i could crank that boost controller a few clicks...lol

only reson i could see to keep it is to sray down low to spool quicker.....but then again spraying down low can be very dangerous.....and i pretty posative that i could max out a stock sleeve on the hx35.....i wouldnt want more than 450whp max and im shooting for 400whp....not 399 but 400+whp.....but i'll take RCauto's word when to stop.....i just dont think i will have the $$ to get the right tire/susp. set-up this year anyways......hence keeping the 11.999 or faster goal

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its a buget build not not ball speedfoos.....

idk i cant see how the hx would fall short of 400whp and not get me in the 11's

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I hear you. Budgets always seem to become relative whenever I do something. Especially when I look at all the money I piss away other things that could be going towards go-fast parts.

I'd sell the bottle and throw the cash in a cigar box so you have it when something breaks.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or sell it to finish buying the things I need to get up and running....i got some stuff the guy is supposed to pay me for in the morning...that and if I sell the juice I should have the money needed to drive it.....now somebody buy this damn it

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
you're going to be suprised how quickly you drop boost during shifts. i have no clue how built your head is but if you arent revving to 9000rpm or doing FTS you'll drop almost all if not all boost during shifts. that turbo is REALLY too big for anything except fully built heads revving sky high in my opinion.

i would sell it and the nitrous and get a 57trim or keep the spray on the back burner incase you need to spray for spool.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fully built head less retainers....in hind sight I wish I put them in but was planning on notg reving past 8k .....how high could I rev it?

Z6 head
Milled a small amount
Deshrouded valves
Back cut valves
5 angle
Cleaned up bowls
Ported and polished
Gasket matched
Crower springs
Delta 272-2
Skunk2 valves
Stock retainers/keepers

I don't know ridin in my buddies it never. Really fell out of boost, it may have drop 2-4psi but it came almost instantly back

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i've ridden in an hx35 powered b16 (basically a d16 with a fully built head right?) even revving 8200rpm it would go from 18psi to 6psi with a VERY quick shift, and thats dropping alot less rpm than a single cam trans.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts