Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i searched and searched but i couldnt find anything on this subject. I was wonderin if you guys knew if i could hook up a widebade gauge to the stock hx wideband that i have??? Also when i change to obd 1 and go with my y8 head will i need to pull this sensor or can i still use it???

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
stock hx wideband? huh??

all civics come with a stock narrowband o2 sensor, not wideband sensor. A narrowband can tell you 1 of 3 things: you are lean, you are stoich or you are rich. Besides that it cannot determine precise afr

-Luke

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ok, after searching the net for the info... it resulted in a negative. no way to correctly get the signal to convert over to something the gauge can read. this is as far as i could get. now if you had a controller to convert the signal over to a voltage output that could be read by the gauge.... but other then that your on your own bro.

i have an idea on how to do this, but i need a hx to try it on before i say more.

·
Registered
257 Posts
94-95 Vx had a 5 wire wideband sensor as well. I have a 'wideband' 1560 P07 ecu, its wierd, has two mcus in it. Im guessing one controls the wideband and the other has the code on it, no luck on making it work with aftermarket stuff tho. This has been covered over on PGMFI as well. No one wants to dwell into a whole 'new' codebase to figure out something that might not work, when there are plenty of proven ways of doing it with reliable hardware for a reasonable amount of money. If widebands still cost 500+ dollars, the code hacking would ensue.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
the LAF "wideband" was used on 92-95 VX's, 96-00 HX's, likely the 98-00 GX's as well.

0.3v to 4.9v operating range, 2.6v-2.8v is stoch at idle.

Damn, be suprised what you can learn from reading the Helms.

Pages 11-36 to 11-42.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The HX should have the A/F / Lambda value available through the OBD2 port. A scanner should be able to read it real-time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts