Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy im new to this site but anyway i have a d15b and i want to go turbo. I was thinking about builting my block and a friend of my told to get some suzuki piston dont really know what he was talking about he said those suzuki piston can hold up to 40pound of boost well i dont really know that much about turbo kits i just want to know if what my friend said is true also what options i have

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
ok.

ok well im drunk. as most times as i post this late, but a turbo that puts 40psi is gonna be huge, and your/our lil motor isnt gonna benifet from it in the slightest,
40psi is like a t88 for a supra. im not sure even they run that high, 800-1k+ excluded.
the only problem with our *d15b* motors is their lack of aftermarket support. idk how much boost your wanting to run,
but sweet jesus, no one i have known or read has made it to 400 h/p with vitaras.
they are not forged/race pistons. they are run of the mill pistons that are applicable<sp, to our motors,
i cant see you doing a whole lot on thoes pistons, idk what your goals are, but eh, forged/weisco or what ever .are your best bet,
dont go cheap if your gonna go big , if you do, your gonna go home......broken
just take it easy. start small with a bolt on turbo kit . *1562 greddy kit.,*ok sure no bov and fmic but what ever, not all that important.
with your stock motor, the gains will suit you just fine., then take it easy. small but steady, all i can say.,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thx for the info i was thinking about 15 to 20pound of boost i was telling my friend i dont realy trust it but whatever im just gonna get me some good aftermarket pistoni do want 350hp i just want something diffrent and nice if anybody know a nice set up for that plz let me know but for now im just looking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THX i think i will go with the suzuki 350hp thats not bad but i think i'll rebuilt my block AND my head i want to rev up to 8.5k im was thinking about geting a cam but my money is not to good i wanted a crower but im a broke man this mth so i think i'll wait anyway thx alot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts