Honda D Series Forum banner

hunting idle after boost

728 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Blu3 
#1 ·
i need help figuring out why my idle hops after i make boost. the idle hop will go away if i restart the car, but will start again the second i make some boost.
sounds like an obvious vacuum leak but i cant figure out why it would stop when i restart the car and start when i make any boost. maybe i could narrow it down if i knew why these two symptoms are related.
ive been searching and searching via google but cant find anything close to my symptoms.
sorry for another "idle surge" thread but im desperate for answers.

#2 ·
May be a dumb question but if you turn your heater on three or turn on your high beams while it's hunting does it stop?

#5 ·
Could be your voltage offset tables not being adjusted right, turn your lights on increases voltage draw and if it's not offset right in the columns then it will cause it to lean or richen up.

Also making boost heats up the engine/coolant so maybe your ECT tables are not set correctly causing it to lean out and idle hunt

#4 ·
update: so the car got progressively worse, it got to the point where the car would lean out as soon as it warmed up and would idle hop after making boost. it was almost like it had erased my tune.

currently have a aem wideband in the car, connected to d14 pin (o2 sensor) and i think my problem lies somewhere in there. i dont know enough about open loop/closed loop to say. i know that i didn't take the time to calibrate my wideband to my s300, which is where im going to start and ill i check the wideband ground wire, and the narrowband o2 sensor

does anyone know if this could cause symptoms like poor idle, lean at part throttle, and idle hop after making boost until i restart the ecu?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.