Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friend were driving and this focus hatch passes beside me - my friend says "aww...he's trying to impress his girlfriend..." - well as i come up beside him i hear him downshift...we're going 60ish...i thought, "fine..." so i downshift too, afterwards... couple of seconds go by - and the focus is 1-2 car lengths behind a 4dr. poor guy. good ol' b7.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
that would be like an svt person saying "if it isnt an si it isnt worth mentioning" lol
and we all know thats not true
lol, check any non-Honda board. people are always bragging about beating H cars. nobody ever even realizes that most trim models have shit motors and are slow as piss.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
eh i have no reasons to check other boards lol. i do notice it when its posted here via a link but thats about it
its a daily occurance on almost every board. probably because Honda is the Walmart of imports, everyone has one.

i browse several forums for fun. i like the diesel ones, some of those guys do amazing stuff. but there are plenty of threads even there talking about beating Hondas. its all good though. majority of Hondas ARE slow...

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
ryan89crx said:
lol, check any non-Honda board. people are always bragging about beating H cars. nobody ever even realizes that most trim models have shit motors and are slow as piss.
Beating Honda's is the running joke on VW boards....

Its actually something that doesn't happen very often. The VW crowd is actually one that respects cars that make power. There are a few local Honda/Acura owners on our local Vdub board that make some good power #'s..also a Neon.

Most people don't brag about killing any cars. In fact most don't even give a damn. They are in it for the cars..and the few kills that are bragged about, are in regards to high HP cars, not lightly modded average daily drivers.

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
ryan89crx said:
its a daily occurance on almost every board. probably because Honda is the Walmart of imports, everyone has one.

i browse several forums for fun. i like the diesel ones, some of those guys do amazing stuff. but there are plenty of threads even there talking about beating Hondas. its all good though. majority of Hondas ARE slow...
the kill stories on the G35 forum im on are limited to powerful cars...or are about cars that are surprisingly fast....the boasts only come from the guys that beat Vettes..vipers...bimmers..lexus's..etc
most guys there r running NA G's....

The most honda talk they get is from me lol...whenever it is im on there which is rarely

·
Registered
836 Posts
Honda4VW said:

Its actually something that doesn't happen very often. The VW crowd is actually one that respects cars that make power. There are a few local Honda/Acura owners on our local Vdub board that make some good power #'s..also a Neon.

Most people don't brag about killing any cars. In fact most don't even give a damn. They are in it for the cars..and the few kills that are bragged about, are in regards to high HP cars, not lightly modded average daily drivers.
Seems very true where I live. I don't think I have seen more than one or two VW guys acting like assholes. Turbo diesles and honda assholes seem to be a daily occurance though. I used to drive a 72 El Camino and when I came up to another muscle car (any make) they just waved....Now I approach another civic and I get the bird or some retarded look followed by a sad display of gear-grinding when they take off
I too would think its funny if someone bragged about beating a honda...unless its turbo, you most likely beat a 16-17 second car....CONGRATS TO YOU!

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honda4VW said:

that's true - but i take what i can get :D - even though it's not much...i was just planning on driving home. on the other hand - i love gettin beat by an insanely powerful car... got creamed the other day by a vette - i didn't race him...i just went into the lane that he wanted to speed on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts