Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey D-series.

I just wanted to let everyone know about my transaction with Rock-Auto. I needed fuel tank straps for my civic, one of the last remaining original untouched parts on the car. Being that my car is a eastern Canadian Honda it can be a bit rusty in some spots. When I removed my tank I knew that there was no way in hell I would trust these straps to hold my tank on, especially on the track. I went to the stealership and they wanted something stupid like over $100 per strap. I checked Rock-Auto and not only did they have straps but they had them in Canada. I bought Spectra Premium tank straps for $24 at 5:50 pm, Monday October 15th. Its now 4:45 pm Wednesday and I have them beside me. THATS FAST.

Thanks Rock Auto

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
I ordered axels from them shortly after they signed on as sponsors nd they got to me in a few days. I wasn't expecting it, either.

They have an awesome selection of replacement parts especially for our vehicles. I'm glad they've made themselves known here.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Hey D-series.

I just wanted to let everyone know about my transaction with Rock-Auto. I needed fuel tank straps for my civic, one of the last remaining original untouched parts on the car. Being that my car is a eastern Canadian Honda it can be a bit rusty in some spots. When I removed my tank I knew that there was no way in hell I would trust these straps to hold my tank on, especially on the track. I went to the stealership and they wanted something stupid like over $100 per strap. I checked Rock-Auto and not only did they have straps but they had them in Canada. I bought Spectra Premium tank straps for $24 at 5:50 pm, Monday October 15th. Its now 4:45 pm Wednesday and I have them beside me. THATS FAST.

Thanks Rock Auto

So how much was it, total, to your door? and how much was shipping?

where were the straps made? what brand?

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how much was it, total, to your door? and how much was shipping?

where were the straps made? what brand?

Straps were $24.79
Shipping was $13.37
HST $4.96

Total $42.28 CDN

Brand was Spectra Premium

country of origin, unkown

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Not to bash anyone or anything...but they want $235 JUST on shipping for 2 fenders to NY. That's more than the actual price of the 2 fenders. Definitely wont be buying body parts from these guys...

·
Registered
'95 EJ2
33 Posts
Not to bash anyone or anything...but they want $235 JUST on shipping for 2 fenders to NY. That's more than the actual price of the 2 fenders. Definitely wont be buying body parts from these guys...
From where and what type of shipping? Shipping for the same only costs me $150 from somewhere in the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts