Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've got an interesting problem occurring on my 94' civic ex.
When I bought the car awhile ago I noticed that my left front wheel had a small amount of play all around, which to me seemed like a wheel bearing. Although it did not make sound or get worse, I had the wheel bearing replaced with a koyo as well as having the studs and lower ball joint pressed out and replaced. The wheel no longer had play for about the first month. After that I noticed the play was back and that it was exactly how it was before, leading me to believe the wheel bearing was never bad in the first place. Now I'm a bit stuck as to what else could be a problem with the knuckle. I'd like to autocross the car this spring but it will probably fail inspection with this wheel play it currently has.

Just wondering if you guys had any ideas or similar problems with something like this. Thanks!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,384 Posts
axle nut tight?

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
There should be no play regardless of the axle nut.

The hub could be worn out from excessive play due to a damaged wheel bearing. You can try replacing the hub or the whole spindle assembly.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
361 Posts
^ I second that. The only thing I can come up with factoring in your mentioning of the play went away and came back is the new bearing being pressed in tightened everything up until the bearing worked its way back to the effected area of the hub and your noise came back.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
I would have to tend to agree with the center hub being shot allowing the inner race ID to spin on the OD of the center hub.

I see it all the time.

If the guy who did the press work, did not see, or did not care, you will end up right where you are.

Now you need another new bearing and a new center hub.

Moog Front Wheel Hub Assembly 513273: Advance Auto Parts

99997201_moo_513273_alt2_detl.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts