Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im new to the site first off I've checked for hours before asking this question does anybody know how much HP a Airesearch saab turbo 42 48 50 trim can produce on a built d16z6 motor custom length rods approx 9.1 compression motor is almost done with assembly ..any help or insite would be great and I havn't been able to find a compressor map on this turbo either

Attachments

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Im new to the site first off I've checked for hours before asking this question does anybody know how much HP a Airesearch saab turbo 42 48 50 trim can produce on a built d16z6 motor custom length rods approx 9.1 compression motor is almost done with assembly ..any help or insite would be great and I havn't been able to find a compressor map on this turbo either
it's a garrett T3 50 trim. probably the most common turbo ever.

·
Registered
680 Posts
That turbo flows around 22 ish lb/min, I was planning on using one but ended up going a different route.

If you look up squirrel performance turbo calc its on there.

Max I would say is around 230 HP based off of the map. More suited to a stock block application.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for quick response could I upgrade the compressor housing with something bigger would like to make 300hp but not sure what is compatible lost in the hybrid turbo compartment im trying to go budget on this build I usually just buy new precision

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ok thanks for quick response could I upgrade the compressor housing with something bigger would like to make 300hp but not sure what is compatible lost in the hybrid turbo compartment im trying to go budget on this build I usually just buy new precision
not housing, compressor wheel, and you would be better off getting a new turbo.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
the Turbonetics T3 Super 60 flows better then the garrett.

I would look to that one.

Autoworks sells it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've got a Chinese turbo good for. 300-350hp. It's lightly used but still works well. I have a log manifold I could sell with it too.. pm me if you're interested.
Please do not solicit to this member.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts