Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was really bored this weekend, so i took a few minutes of time at my buddies house playing around with a die grinder to work on my tubine housing a bit. a while back i posted a thread about turbo porting, and decided to have some fun. I took off the "lip" off the turbine inlet. Basically i was trying to emmulat this
http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2492&

I used a large bit to take some material off and really opened it up, but left the lower portions by the wheel mostly untouched. My main focus was opening up the entrance hole large and then smooth it into a nice directed flow at the exhaust wheel. I also slightly ported the exhaust outlet where the downpipe attaches and incresed the wastegate hole so it was just barely smaller then the flapper.

Just hoping to lower spool times and free up a few ponies by promoting exhaust flow!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Laso note that after this picture was taken quite a bit of sanding and polishing work was done with a limestone type bit and some hand danding with various grits of sandpaper. Just promoting quick smooth flow.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. Using the dsms own weapon against em! LOL

O

·
0 Posts
you should have takent he turbo appart FIRSt before poritng, now you have filings in your seals and it's going to have to be completely dissambled before you use it or you chance ruining it very fast.

Please people, THINK before you do something. Where do you thin all those tiny metal filings go? in to thin air? They are always attracted to the wetest sources. that means your oil and seals. and yes it will make it's way into your bearings no mater how well you clean it unless you completely dissable it and clean ever seal and bearing too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When did I say I didn't take the exhaust housing off? It's not hard to take it of and put it back on at all. I just questioned how it looked...I'm not stupid.

O

·
0 Posts
ok jsut making sure, because the inside looks like there are shavings and filings.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think any got on there. The shit was all in the same vicinity when i was working and you know how cast iron is when grinding. I made sure the exhaust housing was cleaned with a compressor ait hose before I put it back together!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
looks like theres metal shavings all over the center section. i dont think those would have gotten there if it was taken apart. either way, porting looks good, and i hope it all works out well for you

O

·
0 Posts
if shavings made it to the center section, then it made it inside the turbo. you can rest assure. I live by 1 rule. if in doubt , redo.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts