Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the y8 crank pulley(from 1.5slowmatic..thx) to increase the boost on my jrsc and some 440 rc injectors. I'm going to get a tune in a week or 2, should i just take the injectors and crank pulley to them to put on, if so how many shop hours do you think it would take. i'm thinking only 1 or 1.5 hr. or should i put the parts on myself before the tune, the only thing is towing. I also have the hondata s300 there going to tune with on the dyno, so should i do the work myself and pay for towing to the shop for the tune, or pay them to put the crank pulley on and the injectors in before they tune it.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Curious...how would a crank pulley increase boost? Thought it would be the charger pulley you would need to do that? If you can have the car trailered there for cheap or for free, do it yourself. If the cost of trailering costs more than the shop hours, then have them do it.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Curious...how would a crank pulley increase boost? Thought it would be the charger pulley you would need to do that? If you can have the car trailered there for cheap or for free, do it yourself. If the cost of trailering costs more than the shop hours, then have them do it.
Bigger pulley on the crank = more boost on a jackson. You can up it on the charger itself by going with a smaller pulley, but you have to have a custom pulley made and it's a royal bitch to change the one on the charger itself due to how close it is to the shock tower.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
So I thought all the D-series crank pulleys were the same diameter...is the mentioned Y8 larger in diameter?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it's no much bigger but the y8 on a d16z6 block w/ jrsc will be good for a 1 to 1.5 psi increase of boost, i only paid $20 for the crank pulley. so i'll be around 7 to 7.5 lbs of boost. yeah i could the work myself, but i'm not sure how much towing would be i think its $60 plus so much more per mile, which wouldn't be bad if the tuner shop i use is over 25 miles away.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks yeah i'll do that, i'll just have to take my front bumper off before it can go on the dolly...rep. if i could, i'm still spreading it around

1 - 9 of 9 Posts