Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a gsr thottle body a couple of days ago. I was wondering if that would make a difference on my D15b7. This is not your average b7 trust me. This thing shocks everyone that owns b-series. Ive beatin b16's, ls ef's and so on in the (coupe). But im tryin to see how i can sqeeze alil more power out of it. Tell me if this is a waist. Are something that would help alil thanks.... I also have some pics if you go to my vb gallery. Don't know how to post pics on the pics thread quit yet........

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
search in you shall find noob. used the thing between the "new post" and "quick links" buttons. thers are enough threads w/info. ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
it won't be a "waist", you could pick up some hp's.
It WILL be a waste, when your intake manifold is stock port and not port matched with the TB. Your air will hit that little lip on the intake mani after the TB and it wont know what to do.

If you're confused as to what I'm talking about, do some theory research on air flow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
it will help on throttle response but only if you port match the tb with the intake mani like tubogokart said. if you dont port match them then it will be useless.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Actually, you're going to need to have an aftermarket cam or a turbo or else the larger diameter throttle body is going to do nothing but slow down the intake velocity at low RPMs, killing your low end. Any gains on a stock motor will not be realized until after the rev limiter.

You can put as much air in front of a motor as you want, but the amount of air it breathes in is predetermined.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thats why you dont go larger than 62mm on a d-series. Which is not big at all, Ive seen well over 80mm.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Thats why you dont go larger than 62mm on a d-series. Which is not big at all, Ive seen well over 80mm.
how about a 100mm tb. it that alittle too big. lol. seen on you can put your fist in it. lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts