I got I/H/E already,
Chipped P28 ECU

After i'll take it to get it tuned.
I'm expecting 115torque to the wheel hopefully

but how reliable is this set up?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
leave out the piston swap and crank swap, you'll still get the 115 wtq.

Add all that noise in, crappy tune and you'll bust a ringland or four.

Just a tired 200k mile A6 with Y8 head swap, thick HG, VTEC not working. through stock CRX air box.

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leave out the piston swap and crank swap, you'll still get the 115 wtq.

Add all that noise in, crappy tune and you'll bust a ringland or four.

Just a tired 200k mile A6 with Y8 head swap, thick HG, VTEC not working. through stock CRX air box.

wow that's awesome, this is your own dyno chart?

maybe i'm better off using the time for a better regrinded cam then and upgraded valve train.

Looks like you made good power till you hit like 6.6. I would assume with a better cam, it should keep it going

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm building a D16Y8 with p29 pistons for DD, trust me, you need a good tuning, at least 2.25 exhaust and a level II cam,
I had never went to a dyno but is really good power for DD SOHC, Good luck

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
the d17 stroker + p29's in a d16 block = like 17.5:1 compression :(

have you considered just running the d16 crank/block with some 75.5mm pg6 pistons instead? they will bump your compression to around 12:1 with a y8/z6 headgasket. you could always deck the head for a little more compression if you want it and its a simple set up to tune. it will definetly hit your goal and most likely surpass it with the stock cam on good fuel.

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
the d17 stroker + p29's in a d16 block = like 17.5:1 compression :(

have you considered just running the d16 crank/block with some 75.5mm pg6 pistons instead? they will bump your compression to around 12:1 with a y8/z6 headgasket. you could always deck the head for a little more compression if you want it and its a simple set up to tune. it will definetly hit your goal and most likely surpass it with the stock cam on good fuel.
Bone said it best kaboom
because the wrist pin height of the D17 pistons is higher by 2-2.5mm than D16 pistons to accommodate the added stroke with the same rod length... D16 pistons on D17 crank (4.4mm larger stroke or 2.2mm height gained at TDC) = zero quench / head contact. 2.2mm = roughly .100" piston sticking out of the hole in comparison to other D16 pistons....Roughly, because the Compression height/wrist pin location varies from piston to piston in the D16 family.

Recommended .030" clearance on Honda engines you would need a Head gasket 4.25 times thicker than stock at .130"

See my desktop compression ratio calculator in my sig. Or google Zeal Compression ratio calc.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
with those pistons a d17 crank would stick your pistons out way to much. Pistons used with d17 cranks stock, have there wrist pin location in a different place since they use the same rod lenth and they dont want the pistons out of the holes

edit- if your going to use a d17 crank you should use pms-a00 pistons

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
wouldn't putting a d16 head on a stroked engine raise the compression ratio anyway? than shave the head use thin head gasket and call it a day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts