Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help I have a P2M ecu but my engine is d15z7 wc is 3stage vtec. My question is how to engage the dual vtec since my ecu is good for single vtec only? Thanks in advance

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,046 Posts
Twist both vtec activtion wires together then add in the lead that goes to the ecu.

Then when vtec activates in the ecu it will open both solenoid at once.

·
Registered
1989 CRX HF
103 Posts
I would not recommend doing that. The poor man's way of doing it is to figure out which one that you want the ECU to control as most important. Then get a shift light to activate the other solenoid.
Keep in mind that VTEC-e turns off at around 3000 - 3200 RPM. Traditional VTEC turns on at around 5800 RPM and should redline, tap out at about 7000 - 7200 RPM.

If you wire up both solenoids together, the engine is going to run like crap and honestly, you are not getting any benefit from this engine.

The correct ECU needed to run this engine are: P2J-003 for OBDIIa M/T, P2J-J11 for OBDIIb M/T, P2J-J61 for OBD2a CVT, and P2J-J62 for OBD2b CVT. Make sure that you get the right one for your application.

Otherwise, get a chipped ECU to run the engine more properly. I don't think Chipped ECUs will engage lean burn on these engines though. You can check out my old swap thread in my signature for more information about this engine. I converted my CRX to OBD2a to run this engine properly with my HF's transmission.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
If the dual vtec is 3valve to 4valve low, and then 4valve low to 4valve high, I would recommend locking the 3valve mode to 4low and treating it like normal vtec.

You will need to physically remove the valve cover and get to work. Clean everything, stuff rags down the oil return holes, and remove the camshaft.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,836 Posts
welcome back bud

Reactions: mattliston
1 - 5 of 5 Posts