Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the new d17a1 civic (us) and d16v1 (uk) what would i have to do to up the revs, and change how the vtec works, from a fuel saving soft to a more kick in the nuts cam profile.

·
Registered
32 Posts
read up on how an engine works, basicly you would need to rebuild the entire engine to see anything higher thats worth a damm. a lighter flywheel, shaved/knife edge crank, crank screen, lighter pistons/rods, better clearences, better flwoing head, insane cam, etc, etc etc..

on the new d17a1 civic (us) and d16v1 (uk) what would i have to do to up the revs, and change how the vtec works, from a fuel saving soft to a more kick in the nuts cam profile.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
better have the supporting mods to justify revving higher. otherwise you are just running the risk of floating valves and possibly catastrophic damage...

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I've ran my Z6 with a slotted/chipped custom tune ecu up to 7800 redline totally stock (plus 4800 vtec engagement, no governor, etc). It runs rich over 4800, but it's sure fun... Only thing to mention is that the stock clutch doesn't like shifting from 2 to 3 rd at that speed. LOL

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
I've ran my Z6 with a slotted/chipped custom tune ecu up to 7800 redline totally stock (plus 4800 vtec engagement, no governor, etc). It runs rich over 4800, but it's sure fun... Only thing to mention is that the stock clutch doesn't like shifting from 2 to 3 rd at that speed. LOL
whats done to the motor?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i wouldn't call that a 'high-reving motor'.... i thought you were talking about 8k-9k+ rpm....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well am in the process of buyin crower stage 2 cam and valve upgrade, then i'll be lookin at what ecu upgrade would be best to rev it to 8000 at the most. its all i need, but is it possible stock tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts