Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92-95 civic EX tranny not in my car, but it seems like somthing isn't right. When you turn the main shaft, you hear some weird noises(not like a grinding but a rolling type of sound). My brother said he thinks that it might be a main bearing that needs replaced but I need to know for sure. The one tranny shop i called won't work on a tranny outside of a car soooo I turned directly to d-series for sum help. I could call sum more places but I want to know any help you could give me here, Transex, help me out here.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
input shaft bearing maybe? it's closest to the end of the shaft you're turning and is frequently the bearing that goes bad.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
define the weird noises........

your gonna here weird stuff turning a tranny by hand out of the car.

Like the side/pinion gears flopping around........plus ALL FIVE gears are rotating, ALWAYS. You'll hear some bearing noises from that, ESP in nuetral.

Where you at in oHIo??????

I have all small parts in stock to fix normal 92-95 issues, even a 1-2 shifter fork!!!!

(semi-rant)

I can travel within reason, but PREFER to work on trannys on my own workbench.....just your buying the gas and food for me to come to you!

.075 cpm two way/.15 cpm one way to cover gas food.

So 250 miles one way or 500 miles round trip = $37.50

Wanna bring it to me for work???? I have a couch/spare bed and shower, typical GUY house.

It's either that, or raise my prices for the tranny work, but thats not fair to the locals.

PS it doesn't even cover my time for driving, but I like to drive so thats not a issue.

PSS $200 to R&R the tranny if you drive the car here, another $50 to do the clutch, unless you wanna do it while I break open the tranny. I hate pulling trannys on others cars for the simple fact I know MY car. Although a buddy and me did a tranny swap (Dan Phan Trans is Gone :( ) with clutch in under 80 minutes, he likes to liftv the tranny UP by himself!!!!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
wow this is quite the generous offer and opportunity to learn sum good shit. thanks Transzex, I pmed you.

I live right near Akron, like 10 mins out. I would be way more than willing to make the drive all the way there to have you work on my tranny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts