Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
pull axles and look through the diff. if there is a pin in the middle, its open. if you can see straight through it, its LSD.

or just do a smokey burnout and leave a long patch and see if they are both spinning :razz:

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Common

is it common for civics to come limit slip, my car will never catch second but it pulls really well and almost always lights up both tires off the line. Could my tranny be limited slip???

-TAG

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,297 Posts
Civics in USDM never came with LSD......EVER.

Also the "smokey burnout" that leaves two patches is pure FICTION.

My stock tranny would lay two perfect stripes, but get the LSD "unlocked" on ice and only one wheel is gonna spin.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Drive it. If you know a whole lot about how it works, you should be able to tell fairly easy.

I did a clutch for a kid with a B16 - he thought he had a CTR tranny w/ LSD. Naturally, it was a stock B16 tranny, but I had to wonder how he didn't know the difference...

·
Registered
600 Posts
My first EF Civic did this too, acted like it had LSD. Truth was the spider gears were seizing on the diff pin and twisting it from too much one wheel wonder. Diff started to get clunky and I took it apart to find it was about to come apart on it's own. You can also just jack it up, and have someone hold one wheel and try to spin the other one with car in gear. If they spin opposite ways=no lsd, or helical-but I doubt it. If it doesn't spin you got a LSD. This guy is in canada maybe they had a few LSD's?

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
transzex said:
Civics in USDM never came with LSD......EVER.

Also the "smokey burnout" that leaves two patches is pure FICTION.

My stock tranny would lay two perfect stripes, but get the LSD "unlocked" on ice and only one wheel is gonna spin.
Thank god you're here, damn me and my double vision. thinking that I see to black marks, any wonder I needed to get glasses. Thanks for setting me straight.

Oh and my car is a US model, she came from Texas.

-TAG

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
To check if it's lsd, put the front up on jackstands and turn one wheel by hand. If the other wheel turns the same way, then its lsd. If the other wheel turns the opposite way, then its not lsd.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
pelsise said:
To check if it's lsd, put the front up on jackstands and turn one wheel by hand. If the other wheel turns the same way, then its lsd. If the other wheel turns the opposite way, then its not lsd.
I have seen some LSD's that the other wheel doesn't turn..... so the main thing is that it doesnt turn the opp. way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
pelsise said:
yup, that's what I did to my old b16 hatch. I actually put it up next to my buddy's hatch. When we both turned one of the wheels, both mine would spin same direction but his didn't. One went the other way. Just my 2 cents...

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
My Del Sol leaves a nice 11 when i do a smokey burn out. But i have to see if its a LSD. I doubt it but we'll see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts