Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pain in the ass! Anyone know how to get it out? Finishing up my auto to manual swap and this is the only thing i cant get finished. 8mm punch isnt working even with a sledge hammer.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
yep, like what sleepingciv said just get something that will fit in that hole and use a hammer and gently tap it out. it's also known as "the bitch pin." it's very easy though. takes all of 1minute

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
fuck the bitch pin...just saying...carry on

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Do what Sleepingciv said or just grab an old spark plug if you don't have a punch. I've heard they work just as well, the plug will be destroyed at the end of it though...

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I use a 8mm bolt with the threads ground off, works like a charm. I also would suggest if your having a problem to buy a replacement instead of reusing the "problem" one. Coat the new one with anti-size before installing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you start with a smaller punch or taper your punch, it helps keep the punch centered so you can whack it with your 3lbs+ hammer

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
if the punch fits inside the hole it just wedges the b-pin in there.

use a punch that wont fit inside the b-pin and hammer that fucker from the bottom upwards.

either that, or just drop the linkage from the car and take it out with the tranny...

you can also use a 8mm allen key if you want.

i use an 8mm allen and some extensions and do it from the top when i feel lazy :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i used an old spark plug, put down my purse and got it out. Auto to manual is complete now and running perfect!

·
Registered
Honda CRX 1988 SI
13 Posts
Matco sales a tool specificaly for the Bitchpin part # MST6455 $25.25.And works In seconds ! I did buy it because the Bitch pin was so damn stuck triyed evrything nothing worked ! had my trany sitin around a wile because i din't even Whant to look at it !!! HAHAHA Lol !:p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts