390 cc Injectors
AEM Adjustable Cam Gear
NGK Plug Cables
Autolite Platinum Plugs
Stock Dizzy
close ratio box with 4.3 FD
8kg flywheel
Full straight thru 2.5inch exhaust

Boosting at 0.4 bar now due to a clutch that cant hold shit . got about 160whp now . with a proper clutch tuner says can hit up to 1 bar and good for about 240bhp . how do you guys get 300+ WHP for your D16Z6's man i just dont understand this i go through everything and consider almost every option and i just dont get it . short of Getting full forged internals and boosting 1.7 Bar . is that the only way ??

im tearing my head off here .

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
300whp you will need forged internals, bigger injectors, a better clutch and Most important a good tune. Also NGK or Denso spark plugs.

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
If you want 300 whp, I'd build the block before turning up the boost. Well unless you want to see how badly you can fry the motor. Good luck w/ it at any rate.

·
0 Posts
98CiviCn00b said:
300whp you will need forged internals, bigger injectors, a better clutch and Most important a good tune. Also NGK or Denso spark plugs.
:bravo: couldn't have said it better

·
Registered
46 Posts
block gaurd

Sorry to just jump in to someones thread but i heard from people that block gaurds are not that great. mostly about cracking the block or creating hot spots. I was thinkin about using one but what about block posting... Where would you get the aluminum posts? http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/block_posting/ link to block posting. I just want to know if either are good to use or if either has its problems.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
but sleeving is the best option..

·
Registered
784 Posts
Stock sleeves, low compression pistons, forged rods, lots of efficent boost, good fuel management/tuner. It doesn't take much skill, just a bit of money.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
ok..sure it dosent..
if you dont do it yourself.
stock sleeves will go to shit and warp but if you dont believe me go ahead
if you want dependability..then sleeve it..
weekend racer then leave it be its only a matter of time

O

·
0 Posts
well yea sleeving is the best option hands down. stockers with posting will hold for ashort while but not as good as sleeved motor will.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Thank you...
ps. when you coming down here?

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
gimme a call..let me know..
i gonna go get another Digi video tape

·
Registered
784 Posts
I dont understand why the d-series community in general is always behind b-series. B-series have been making 500+whp on stock sleeves for the past year under racing conditions(ie lots of stress) but D-series sleeves are only good for 250whp? Give me a break. I wouldnt push D-series sleeves as far as i would b-series because of the small bore and the amount of torque D-series make in comparison, but still, you can a conciderable amount of power on stock sleeves. Way over 300whp.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
bigwig said:
I dont understand why the d-series community in general is always behind b-series. B-series have been making 500+whp on stock sleeves for the past year under racing conditions(ie lots of stress) but D-series sleeves are only good for 250whp? Give me a break. I wouldnt push D-series sleeves as far as i would b-series because of the small bore and the amount of torque D-series make in comparison, but still, you can a conciderable amount of power on stock sleeves. Way over 300whp.
Right, however in sheer structural capability, they are the same as b-series. The sleeves that is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts