Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, my rex has an obddo to obd1 ghetto conversion, and the check engine ligth is on, but can´t find the plug to retrive the codes.

So the question is. there is any other way to retrieve the codes, I mean getting the mil signal from one or two wires of the ecu ????

a13 is the mil ligth, and d4 is the service check connector,

how do I have to close the circuit with d4 to get the codes ????

BTW, the fail on the car is.

When I turn on the car ,no check engine ligth on, but I have to press to gas to start the car then, I have to keep the car above 1500 rpm´s, if not the car dies, but once the check engine ligth turns on, the car runs fine, but the idle goes to 1800.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for help

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
correct me if im wrong guys but dont grounding pin 4 on connector D allow you to check codes? should be a brown or brown with white strip wire, i think when grounded it triggers the MIL to flash any codes. again its been a while but i am pretty sure thats how it works.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, that is I was thinking , but I want to be shure, I don´t want to damage my ecu.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i hear yah , on my car the service connector has a brown and a black wire teh black wire seems to be a normal ground and the brown goes to the ecu . so unless that black wire also goes to the ecu some where that i cant find then its just a normal ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts