Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 honda civic lx
14 Posts
hello all
I recently bought a 2000 civic lx sedan with what looked like to be an optional Honda alarm system (lx did offer it as an option) well the horn was missing and I would constantly set it off because the l.e.d light would flash - wouldn't start etc.. Well I unhooked everything the best I could and was able to rewire the starter wire to get it to turn on again...this is what I am left with...1 working speaker. And door locks that wont automatically lock with key - yet they make noise so they are definitely getting power somehow...

it looks like everything had been tapped into, tied off, and jumped. I just need to get an idea of what's what...(white/black box?) and after work I will download the 2000 page Honda manual.. any ideas/tips/ etc will help a lot...wiring is not my thing at all....where do I start

oh turns out white box is part of security system now left with a 19 pin connector..hopefully pictures work..also linked to google album

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
and now google will not let you/me use the image url. get a flikr or photobucket account, or use fb or something

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Can't really help you with specifics but it's really just a matter of removing any tap splices, ensuring that they didn't damage the tapped wire, and reconnecting any wires that were run through the alarm controller/relays. All the wires are color coded in such a way that you really can't mess it up when removing and reconnecting.

Soldering is a bitch under the dash so I'd suggest investing in QUALITY butt splices and making damn sure that you've got a good bite when you crimp. Of course you can always remove the dash if you are so inclined to solder...

I replaced my ignition switch instead of trying to repair. Figured it was probably time anyway on my 25 year old CRX.

Good luck

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I hate it when someone just hacks into the harness to add some ghetto alarm system. That certainly wasnt from the factory.

·
Registered
2000 honda civic lx
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
update

hello again.
its been a while since I've attempted to restore the mangled harness from the previous owners alarm. I did find an alarm manual in her saved paperwork. I guess an alarm was an add-on option in 99'-00'...manual was no help and google is hit and miss..I've fixed the radio wiring the correct way and now have music.. Now I'm left with this

it was plugged into a white box I believe was alarm piece. I cannot see anywhere it would go? Also, I do not have the item shown in the black and white. I'm thinking that's what I need

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts