Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story...spun a bearing so swapping out engines.

i've disconnected all the hoses and the wiring harness...What next? Unbolt tranny? Motor mounts? Could i pull out the block only or should i pull block with tranny? Or is there no way around having to take the tranny out with the block? Thanks...

-Charlie

·
Registered
936 Posts
if you're swapping take the whole engine out. it'll be much easier. and then you can just unbolt and install the head and tranny into the new block (out of engine compartment) and reinstall into your car. much easier that way.

intake, shif linkage, extension rod, axles, p/s, a/c, throttle cable, ground units, ex. mani., lift a little with hoist, and then do the mounts. then you're set.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should have worded it better...Im going to replace the whole longblock. How hard is it to take off axles? Could i do this while a car is on a lift or will the tires have to be off? How do you drop a engine out from the bottom?

·
Registered
675 Posts
axles are easy as hell to take off.(scarily) they just pull right out you have to unbolt some stuff on the suspension like i took off the strut (just took out the bolt didnt actually take off the strut) then there is a bolt on the underside of the hub, took that off and pulled the thing that was connected to it off(believe it was the control arm ) and i pulled it right out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts