Honda D Series Forum banner

How to rebuild a D16y8

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  AndyPorterfield 
#1 ·
Eventually I'm going to turbo my civic, but I'm going to do a rebuild first. Now I've never done a rebuild before, and I'm wondering what i need/how to do it. Its a D16y8, all stock except for a cold air. Its got 192,000Km (119,000Mi). It burns a tiny bit of oil and leaks a little. Im planning on running about 6-8psi when i turbo it on stock internals. Any advice/help would be great :)

#2 ·
Use the search button there are plenty of threads on rebuilding D engines. Saying you are planning to run 6-8 psi is not a good way to start. Plan on how much horse power you want.

#3 ·
yeah i couldn't find a decent one, and i don't really know how much horsepower i want. Its going to be my daily driver, and I'm going to turbo charge it for awhile.

#6 ·
using Google doesn't hurt. that one thing that annoys the shit out of people her on d-series.org happened to me. now i Google and type in "d-series" after what ever im looking for

#7 ·
If you build your car stock, and add a good kit, and good tune, you can achieve a 200-220hp car, you can dial it up more but not safely. The y8s have some oiling issues, address those or you will be sorry. Now get to searching I have said too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.