Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone. i have a 1993 with a z6 motor. built bottom end and im running 15 lbs on it. unfortunately i have noticed oil coming out between the turbo and manifold so i need to put new valve seals in it. i just wanted to see if anyone can give me some info on it cause i have never done a head before.
i didnt know if i had to take the head off just to do the valves and just how to go about the process.

HELP WOULD BE WELL APPRICIATED

matt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i figured if it came down to me taking it off im going to take it down to a machine shop i know of in town where he will take everything off and do it for me. i was also thinking of getting him to redeck the head so i can up my compression....its pretty shitty at the moment. :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhh i should have enough to do a decent amount to the head. my luck im going to take off the head and find out my valves are screwed. this car has been nothing but a hassle. but i love it

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
ahhh i should have enough to do a decent amount to the head. my luck im going to take off the head and find out my valves are screwed. this car has been nothing but a hassle. but i love it
Do a compression test, you'll see if your valve are screwed, if their is less than 15% of pressure difference, it could be the valves which doesn't sit correctly. Sometimes only a simple valve lapping can bring back the original compression. Or you have to replace both seat and valves.

Option 1: Do the stem valve seals in place:

- remove valve cover/valvetrain and cam.
- remove all spark plugs, and put the cranck to 0 mark. cylinder 1-4 must be at the top.
- fill the cylinder 1-4 with some small rope to prevent the valve going down the cylinder.
- take hammer with spark plug box, hit the retainers and springs will be loose and retainer away with lock. (cylinder 1-4)
- remove the stems seals, replace stem valve seals with the right colors to the exhaust and intake. Put some lubricant when installing them and be sure they are correctly installed, (green/intake, red/exhaust)
- You must have a valve springs comrpessor to put back springs with retainers and locks.
- Remove the rope from the cylinders.
- Rotate the cranck one turn and cylinder 2-3 will be up.
- Do the same as 1 and 4.
- reassamble back everything, adjust valve lash.
- You're done.

Option 2:

- Remove the head.
- Nevermind the idea of rope and cranck rotation.
- Don't forget to lap the valve correctly while the head is removed.

Option 3:

- Give the job to a proffesional, and he will do the option 1 + a bill.

Option 4:

- Let burn oil to prevent mosquitos invasion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts