Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got this fantastic set of Injector Nation 800cc injectors from HiProfile... but my car happens to be obd2, and he includes ev to obd1 adapters for the injectors. Well that's no help.... or is it? No need to cut the stock harness or buy $60 adapter harnesses, with a little bit of work you can plug the obd2 clips right on the obd1 adapters!

For starts, the blue retainer and water seal need to be removed from the injector clips. The retainer simply pulls out with pliers, for the seal use a hook or whatever you have available.

Notice how the obd2 plug has rounded corners on the top, whereas the obd1 is completely square.

Bust out your dremel and arch the top 2 corners. Not a ton of material has to be removed, start out removing a little and test fit and remove more as needed.

The next step is getting the plug to actually clip on to the adapter. To do this the side tabs need to be trimmed. This is the little tab before being modified.

Taking a razor blade, you need to reduce the width of the tab as well as cut it back. You will see when you try plugging it in what needs to be cut back, and trimming is trial and error, make sure not to remove too much, here it is trimmed up.

And now plug everything in and make sure the injector plug snaps down!

My only recommendation is to pack the injector plugs with dielectric grease since the retainer and water seal is no longer in use!

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
excellent write-up, sir!

now if only you can get better pics... ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts