Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
The squirrel link I posted is great for whats listed..

I wish there was a way to add maps.. I guess you could email them and have them add the maps..

Id love to see some more BW, turbonetics, etc maps up there.

·
Registered
DelSol
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
E85 is at every other gas station so that's not a problem. I do realize the difference between peak power and broad power. I can chose a t4 with 10psi and make 400hp or a t3 with 19psi and make the same power which is why I would like to find the math behind turbo sizing. I want to find the turbo that will give me the most broad power band without pushing it's maximum efficiency and still make the most power out of it while maintaining it's drivablity and keeping my AC. If this turbo only allows 300hp that's fine if it allows me 500hp awesome. I would like efficient hp not bisi z6 hp

·
Registered
510 Posts
how deep are your pockets?

If I had to do it all again, which I did and built another motor, but my car got stolen (actually, I'm taking a break from tearing down my ultimate torque monster motor, and piecing it out... :(

since you have e85, 10:1 compression(I had 10.6:1), 30-35 lb/min turbo(i had 50lb/min) or maybe even a little smaller, and a WON direct port nitrous setup(don't use any other nitrous setup).

fun turbo/motor to DD around with, then when you needed it, hit a 50-75shot nitrous and add a SH_t ton of torque. G'Dam I miss my nitrous/turbo setup...

Basically, you can keep the small turbo, and have really fun car to drive, then add as much extra as you want with the nitrous...

·
Registered
Civic EJ6
52 Posts
It seems mostly for people with D16 that if you want good spool you go for a GT28RS or similar. Then there are the majority here that just want power and therefore take the T3/T4 combo as it's the easiest right?

·
Registered
DelSol
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I do have a nitrous set up I would just need a bottle for. But thanks for the help everyone I have read everyone's input on this. I think when the time comes I'll set up my build with an afi set up at 10psi if I want more at that point I'll drop the ratio to 11.5:1

21 - 29 of 29 Posts