·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
non hd signal and composite cables = shitty picture

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHILIPS-37PF7320A-37-HDTV-LCD-TV-TELEVISION-NICE_W0QQitemZ110346446900QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTelevisions?hash=item110346446900&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1234|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50
got something like this but 26inch.

Is there a way to make my tv clear?

Because right now is kinda fuzzy.

Using direct tv cable box with those 3 color wires to my tv.
3 colors as in yellow/red/white?? if thats the case then ya it will be fuzzy as hell

look on the back of your cable box and look for another connection besides the yellow one. look for component (red,green,blue) or hdmi and then your picture will drastically improve. hell even s-video is a improvement.
since your new tv is HD it will have all of these above connections that i mentioned.

you said you were playing left4dead, is this on your PC or a 360?

edit: if it turns out you can use hdmi or component go buy your cables from this place! www.monoprice.com theyre cheap as hell!

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 colors as in yellow/red/white?? if thats the case then ya it will be fuzzy as hell

look on the back of your cable box and look for another connection besides the yellow one. look for component (red,green,blue) or hdmi and then your picture will drastically improve. hell even s-video is a improvement.
since your new tv is HD it will have all of these above connections that i mentioned.

you said you were playing left4dead, is this on your PC or a 360?

edit: if it turns out you can use hdmi or component go buy your cables from this place! www.monoprice.com theyre cheap as hell!
yes I'm using the red/yellow/white wire.
The only connection they have on the direct tv box is s-video, usb, yellow/red/white ,and the plug that goes to the wall.

did try the s-video but still the same and it doesn't have sound.

I played left 4 dead on pc,its way better than xbox crap.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
left 4 dead sucks in general.

they need to hurry up with the upgrade with more weapons,levels and monsters, or ill soon trade it in. its been growing dust on it since a month after i bought it

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
hmm well the s-video is a slight improvement, but not by much. you usually see more of a difference on old CRT tv's, but on LCD's it not really a big deal.

ya s-video is video only, you can use the red and white cords together with the s-video to produce your sound instead.

so realistically at this point s-video is your best option as you dont actually have a HD signal, its digital but definitely not HD.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
this suck balls
because the hd box is in the living room and my parents are using that.

well i could get hdmi wire for my computer.
got the dvi convter to hdmi.

used the s-video and it was horrible so i switch back to vga wire lol

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
hmmm ya you would have to get your own box, once you get something that has VGA/DVI/HDMI/component outputs then you will be in HD heaven. until then just download your tv shows and watch em that way, its better cause theres no shitty commercials!

oh ya keep the VGA for your computer! but for your digital tv you are stuck with s-video. VGA is good enough for your computer, as long as you configure the settings on your video card to display properly, actually i think your computer will do that automatically for you....HDMI isnt the be all end all of connections.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm ya you would have to get your own box, once you get something that has VGA/DVI/HDMI/component outputs then you will be in HD heaven. until then just download your tv shows and watch em that way, its better cause theres no shitty commercials!

oh ya keep the VGA for your computer! but for your digital tv you are stuck with s-video. VGA is good enough for your computer, as long as you configure the settings on your video card to display properly, actually i think your computer will do that automatically for you....HDMI isnt the be all end all of connections.
I'm using the regular direct tv cable box.

The one that download and stuff is the hd box that is in the living room.

so yeah guess i just deal with it.

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
I'm using the regular direct tv cable box.

The one that download and stuff is the hd box that is in the living room.

so yeah guess i just deal with it.
sorry i meant download tv shows to your computer and watch them from your computer on your new tv. Im assuming you have an internet connection, unless you have 2 computers and you post here from a seperate one.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
try a new set of wires. when i hooked mine up for the first time the picture looked like shit. told the cable installers and they swapped the wires out and the picture was perfect
does the wire look all hi-tech and stuff? or just some bs regular looking color wire?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts