Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one got any ideas on how to make 300hp out of a soch vtec im making 228hp now.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pistons, rods, hondata turbonetic t3/t4, tubular manifold, tial wastegate, u got any ideas

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GETUSUM said:
pistons, rods, hondata turbonetic t3/t4, tubular manifold, tial wastegate, u got any ideas
Turn up the boost.

·
Registered
74 Posts
redteg87 said:
GETUSUM said:
Turn up the boost.
:werd:
look into some headwork, try www.exospeed.com, or go to a local reputable machine shop that knows a thing or two about honda motors and get yourself a port and polish, and a crower cam and valvetrain, it will help a little, then go get it all tuned, u already should be making more then u are now if u are running 18 psi of boost as u say in yur other thread.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what else will give me more without turning up the boost and money is no option.

·
Registered
74 Posts
getusum said:
what else will give me more without turning up the boost and money is no option.
what kind of exhaust are u running?? what size are your turbo pipes?? what kind of intercooler do you have?? is this a home-made kit or a actual kit u purchased like drag or rev-hard or something

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2.50exhaust upgrading turbo piping now thanks for helping me everyone else is a dumbass

·
Registered
74 Posts
GETUSUM said:
2.50exhaust upgrading turbo piping now thanks for helping me everyone else is a dumbass
no problem, honestly i think you have restrictions sumwhere, to make 228 or whatever u said int he other thread at 18 psi is crazy, sumthing is wrong, it could be in the tuning or sumthing mechanical, for that much boost i would go ahead and get a 3 inch exhaust system, just make sure its mandrel bent if u go custom, or check out the turbo exhaust systems at http://www.thermalrd.com/honda.htm of course that isnt causing u to lose as much power as u are, but it will help. plus u said money doesnt matter so go ahead and get a good head package as i said earlier and then spend some serious tuning time at the dyno, then u should be close to your goal of 300 HP. just make sure u get it tuned, that is most likely what the problem u are having now is, if there is a problem.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GETUSUM said:
this is coming from a guy that gets 225hp off 20lbs. Why are "we" a dumb ass. Cus "we" didnt respond to ur ? in 10min or less. really man eat a dick.you dont even have 25posts and you are already talking shit. i think you are an internet racer because u sound real cool with your 20lbs of boost but then u sound real fuking dumb only making 225hp.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
first of all.. What are the Turbo specs on that t3/t4. Tell us more of what kind of Turbo you have. like the inlet and outlet size. Trim?
it will give us an idea of the HP potential of your turbo.

Next is think of upgrading the Valvetrain on the head to handle more boost and a little bit more RPM. With the ability to take it up to like 8000 RPM, you can use the extra RPMs to build up more boost on all the gears.

As you get up there in boost, consider upgrading the fuel system such as the Injectors and fuel pump.

The information you gave us is pretty basic. doesnt say anything on where it can be improved.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
your not going to get a ton more pwoer frrom that boost levle. see you can safley boost to about 16lbs on a stock block w/o any posting or work doen (17 is pushign it and 18 is well time is ticking) so at 16 lbs of boost and properly tunned you can easily make an "average" of 300 hp.

Now if your wanting the msot before you do boost adding, then well send your head to endyn and have then do a total work over on it. you can figure around $2g for the head work and parts. but it shoudl yeild about another 20-30 more hp over stock head. they'll add lager vales, special porting, custom valves and springs, titanium retainers, and more. It's expensive, but it is an extra 20-30 hp gain before turning bosoting up. after that, your tapped out. you'll have to turn the boost up to make more power. But again 16 lbs is ok on performance rods and pistons with proper and correct tunning by a professional.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
d16z6 sohc vtec
energy suspension motor mount inserts
drag 3 manifold
precision turbo t3t4 .60/.63ar 50 trim stage 3 wheel ported housings
powerstroke (modified) fmic
celica all trac injectors
supra tt fuel pump
apexi vafc
blitz bov
autometer boost,egt,oil psi gauges
greddy water temp gauge
tial 35mm wastegate
taylor plug wires
msd btm
accel coil
greddy 2mm head gasket
arp head studs
2.5" intercooler piping
2.5 downpipe
fjo wideband o2
battery relocated to the rear
fidanza 7.5lb flywheel
spec 4puc (sprung hub) clutch....all that got a guy 302hp and 251 tq. the motor has stock internals

1 - 16 of 16 Posts