Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what i have (in the picture)
can please someone draw in this picture how to connect the vacuum lines?

thanks for help!

and where install the boost gauge(forgot to put him in the picture)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
That port on the throttle body won't work. You need to use the ports on the intake manifold.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Dont use that vacuum port on top of the throttle. It is not a good source because it is connected via a small capillary restriction. There is not enough flow for the wastegate and/or blow off valve.

Your first mistake is using a vacuum source for the wastegate. You should source the wastegate source from the cold side charge pipe, someplace before the throttle. The only time this would change is if you were using an electronic boost controller, in which case you could use a source from the hot side (like off the turbo compressor housing). But you should never use a post-throttle vacuum source.

To clarify. Is that the exact manual boost controller you intent to use?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the top of the wastegate not to use? Oo

where i add the check valve?
and what the wastegate and turbo dont takes vacuum?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
No. Wrong. Read my post.

For one, you need to connect it to the "cold side", not the "hot side". I said you could use the compressor housing if you were using an electronic boost controller, not a mechanical boost controller.
Secondly, the MBC in your picture is a bleeder type (i.e. A piece of shit), and that is not how you hook a bleeder type boost controller up. With a bleeder you use the T fitting and the second connection is vented to atmosphere.

What you want to get is a ball and spring type MBC.

This would be hooked up like in your picture, except connected to the cold side charge pipe, not the compressor housing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you please draw on the picture what connect to what?(sorry for stupid :( )

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Here is what you need to do if youre using the MBC you posted in your picture:

But you should throw that one in the garbage, and buy a proper MBC and set it up this way:

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Here is what you need to do if youre using the MBC you posted in your picture:

But you should throw that one in the garbage, and buy a proper MBC and set it up this way:

2x

And dont forget zip ties for the hoses.

Bov and boost gauge can be tee into a vacuum line on the intake manifold behind the TB. I.e. evap, cruse control, pcv hose, break booster (before the check valve)

The fuel psi reg is one, but most dont recomand it sonce it could cause fluctuation of fuel psi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts