Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a skunk2 pro series intake manifold and i was wondering if there where any write ups on how to do this install on a y8 in an ef. also if theres any fitment issues. all suggestions are welcome thanks

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Start taking sensors and stuff off the mani, take the 8 bolts off that go from the mani to the head. Then put the mani on and hook everything back up were it goes. Some bolts are a pain the the ass to get off so have some beer on the side to help you think LOL!!!

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
yep, what he said lol. The only fitment issue I had on my z6 in my ej was it's really close to the firewall. But nothing major

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Start taking sensors and stuff off the mani, take the 8 bolts off that go from the mani to the head. Then put the mani on and hook everything back up were it goes. Some bolts are a pain the the ass to get off so have some beer on the side to help you think LOL!!!
thanks alot ill definitely give it a shot tomorrow. i read the installation instructions and it said something about draing all the coolant and using a 92-95 fuel rail do you know if thats true or not

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
thanks alot ill definitely give it a shot tomorrow. i read the installation instructions and it said something about draing all the coolant and using a 92-95 fuel rail do you know if thats true or not
I never heard the fuel rail thing before, sounds like bs to me. As far as the coolant goes I dont remember about draining it or not :mad:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
the box says 88-01 civic crx del-sol(d16a,y,z) but it is going into a 90 civic hb
The fuel rail or tb has nothing to do with the body style of the car, it matters what motor it is. You should be fine with the fuel rail you have now. Try to find a bigger tb or port your y8 one to get the best flow with that manifold :TU:

·
Registered
same^^^
678 Posts
You'll find, that if you have the older style mani, that the firewall needs a little "clearancing" with one of your larger hammers. The bolts on the IACV come in contact pretty good. I hammered the firewall, grinded down the bolt's head, and hammered the firewall behind the tps sensor.

Fitment issues? Nothing a BFH can't fix, lol! BTW, mine was installed with jimfab mounts and a hondata gasket, so my fitment may be better or worse than yours will be.

Another thing. You'll have to rig up another throttle cable linkage, since the linkage is in a different spot. I just drilled another hole in one I had laying around, and have only 1 bolt in it. It's wedged on the side though, so it can't spin on that 1 bolt.

92-95 d-series fuel rail is what mine needed. Yours will probably need the same.

-josh-

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
if it is for the z6 you will need a 92-95 fuel rail and if it is for the y8 you will need 96-00. the mounting points are different. if you dont drain the coolant, it will poor all over the floor when you pull the manifold off. i just put my edelbrock on yesterday and it took forever. i had to make a throttle cable bracket because mine didnt work and i had to find a way to make spacers for my fuel rail becuase it doesnt even come close to mounting flush to the manifold then, i couldnt find metric bolts that were long enough so i had to drill and helicoil the manifold to accept standard thread. there were some headaches, but i think it is worth it in the end. i had plenty of room in my eg, but i am not sure about the ef.

ryan

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
You'll find, that if you have the older style mani, that the firewall needs a little "clearancing" with one of your larger hammers. The bolts on the IACV come in contact pretty good. I hammered the firewall, grinded down the bolt's head, and hammered the firewall behind the tps sensor.

Fitment issues? Nothing a BFH can't fix, lol! BTW, mine was installed with jimfab mounts and a hondata gasket, so my fitment may be better or worse than yours will be.

Another thing. You'll have to rig up another throttle cable linkage, since the linkage is in a different spot. I just drilled another hole in one I had laying around, and have only 1 bolt in it. It's wedged on the side though, so it can't spin on that 1 bolt.

92-95 d-series fuel rail is what mine needed. Yours will probably need the same.

-josh-
good info :TU:

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

-josh-
I acually got it in the car and these are the problems i ran into.
1. 91 si tb doesnt line up need a bigger tb
2. 91 si fuel rail doesnt line up the bolts are too far apart need 92-95 or 96-00
fuel rail
3. throttle cable bracket doesnt line up(only 1 bolt)
4. IACV a little close but not that bad

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
get a b16 tb
get a z6 rail, y8 doesnt fit.
my bracket only has 1 bolts too, but i have ebough play to tighten the cable properly.
Use flat allen bolts on the IACV. http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52917

The loud vibration noise coming through your firewall is the manifold hitting it.

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"y8 doesn't fit" why? i have a y8 with s2 mani...only thing i encountered was the hole for the iat sensor, had to plug it with something.
yeah i had the same problem my iat sensor was to big for the hole they made which one can i use 96-00 or 93-95

1 - 20 of 22 Posts