Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to install polyurethane motor mount inserts!

Tools needed: razor blade, 2 jacks (or 1 jack and 1 stand), block of wood, cutting tool, and a socket set.

I had my motor out so it made the job easier; however, what you would need to do is…

Place on jack under the front of the car lifting it slightly. Then you place the other jack, or stand under the center of the motor, use a piece of wood or something to spread the weight of the motor evenly. Then slowly let the jack down a little taking the weight off the motor mounts.

Take the polyurethane motor mounts and properly place them where they fit. I went from (looking at picture) left front one (under the frame)… then to the back one, then the far right one.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next- taking off one mount at a time… Place the polyurethane insert into the mount, trimming if necessary.

After using the supplied zip ties to secure the mount, cut the excess off using a cutting tool.

Place the mount back onto the frame and reattach to the transmission.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the next mount I wanted to try and use screws and bolts, instead of the cheap plastic zip ties that came with the kit. Worked out very well!

Place mount back under frame… as you notice the plate stands more erect then it used to, proving the mount is actually stronger.

That’s it… any questions, comments, or suggestions feel free please!

Rexinre

·
Registered
379 Posts
I did this my both my b and d, love em! kinda had to go ghetto on the d:( I was in a rush and didn't wanna take the weight off the mounts...it was interesting, but I did it, minus the rear mount, still gotta crawl back there!

T

·
0 Posts
Very nice post. Thanks for the info. I had one question though. I have the black energy suspension kit (part #16.1105G) HONDA MOTOR MNT INSERTS and was wondering if this is all I need? I heard that there is "2" kits that you need for all the mounts? I have 6 bushings, is this the complete kit?
Thanks

·
Hondaphile
1,113 Posts
Nice write up man....looking to do that to my car as I think my stock mounts are gone...

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
Nice write up man. I've heard the polyurethane mounts suck for daily driving because it increases vibration. Do you have any problems with that? I alweays figured if your engine was firing right and tuned properly, it wouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
379 Posts
no, they aren't bad at all. Mounts like Hasport will increase vibration, b/c the motor is held in place tighter and all the vibration the motor makes is felt in the car. But these are nice.

Yes there is another kit for the remaining two mounts. Energy Suspension makes the torque mount inserts (the 3 shown in this thread) and Prothane makes the other two. About $35 for the 3 from Energy Suspension, and about $30 for the other 2 from Prothane.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haysoos said:
Nice write up man. I've heard the polyurethane mounts suck for daily driving because it increases vibration. Do you have any problems with that? I alweays figured if your engine was firing right and tuned properly, it wouldn't be an issue.
Don't know... motor is still out.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
i was about to say use bolts and washers instead of the zip ties. my zip ties broke so i used bolts and washers. i can take my upper drivers mount off and the motor doesn't move at all.

the vibration isn't that bad either. the only time it's really bad is starting off in 1st gear.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
Only need the zip ties on the drivers lower so it doesn't walk out into the AC belt. I just used a large fender washer and it cure it.

PS this was before ES started including the zip ties.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Nice writeup!

T

·
0 Posts
Street2uned said:
no, they aren't bad at all. Mounts like Hasport will increase vibration, b/c the motor is held in place tighter and all the vibration the motor makes is felt in the car. But these are nice.

Yes there is another kit for the remaining two mounts. Energy Suspension makes the torque mount inserts (the 3 shown in this thread) and Prothane makes the other two. About $35 for the 3 from Energy Suspension, and about $30 for the other 2 from Prothane.
How much difference does it make having those other 2 from Prothane? I would assume it would be good to do them all if Im going to do them. Any comments?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
i just got mine installed and the car running again last week. i dont notice any more interior vibrations, even at idle. what i did notice is the noise made at idle in the car. it hums a bit louder. not bad though. overall im impressed. i havent got a chance to try them out in acceleration yet, still breaking in my new clutch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts