Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
unfortunately I don't have any pics.

As a lot of people know clutch alignment tools come w/ a new clutch kit. I've yet to find a local shop; autozone, schucks that sells it seperate. I can't take all the credit for this as I seen this on H-T. I don't have a clutch tool so I was like what the hell. Luckly it worked.

Tool:
Simple ratchet set w/ 12 point sockets. Most metric socket are 12 point.

Bolt the clutch and pressure plate on to the flywheel finger tight.

If you look at the hole the main shaft goes into, you can eye ball it center.

Install the transmission onto the block. You'll have to wigle it a little and possible recenter the clutch, but it should shimmy in if you don't tighten the pressure plate bolts to much.

Once the transmission is connected (main shaft goes through the hole) it should mat right up to the block. install one or two tranny/short block bolts to hold it in place.

With the starter removed, spin the crankshaft and the pressure plate bolts will become visable.

Your not going to get a straight shot on these, but do you best to tighten the bolts without stripping them.

Keep cranking the crankshaft and tighten the rest of the bolts.

Remove the two bolts holding the tranny in place and remove the tranny.

Tighten the pressure plate bolts a little more or torque to spec.

Spray the clutch and pressure plate with brake clean to make it look perty and bolt up the tranny to the block.

I hope this helps someone as much as it helped me.
DO WORK SON!!!!

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i had to do this on the first engine swap i ever did on a honda. it is seriously a fucking PITA. but it does works. just takes about an extra hour, as you have to gradually tighten them. now that i have 3 alignment tools, (one for B, D, and H) i should be good.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DAM, an extra hour. it only took me like 10-15 mins. It's all good though.
^^ yeah, I guess you could just eyeball and adjust with you finger or something then just tighten it down. If the main shaft goes in your good.

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
Seem visually fair it yeah it does werk it just allow some more time not an hour thou i think u didnt have the rite tools

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
great write up bro ill keep that in mind i have already did my clutch installs for now

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
you can also use a deep socket on an extension, just use the size that fits snug in the splins... works great... :TU:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
It was such a pain trying get a clutch alignment tool w/ out buying a new clutch kit, I had to post this. Honda doesn't even sell one.
i would have thought honda would sell one... weird...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just used my finger, couldn't find the right alignment tool anywhere! transmission slid right in though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.