Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping List:
3/8" (or thicker) 5ft-long Heavy Duty "Security" Chain (~$16 @ Walmart)
Heavy Duty Lock ($6-15 depending on the lock)

Directions:
1) Open Boxes/Packages.
2) Wrap chain around one part of the car. If you have a good size heavy object you can tie the car to, put one part of the chain through a tow hook, the suspension, or a wheel and the suspension, or something else that's solidly mounted to the car.
3) Loop the chain through something else on the car or something heavy/on the ground/attached the the ground.
4) Lock ends of chain together.
5) Hide chains/shit as best as you can.

Pictures of Products:

*Note: Pictures for demonstration. A longer chain might be better.
*Note: The bigger/thick/beefier the chain you buy the better. Same goes for the lock.
*Note: DO NOT FORGET to unchain the car before you drive anywhere. Bad things will happen if you do forget.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then he cuts through it. Security is done in layers, and having a guy sitting by your car with bolt cutters cutting some chain is pretty obvious, and this is just one of the many layers you should have. If they bring a tow truck, they'll probably have bolt cutters, but if it's chained to something it'll slow them down.

But IMO, for $30, it's a hell of a security item.

·
Registered
94 dx hatch
385 Posts
I like a fuel shutoff better. A hidden toggle switch is all you need, they might start it and but that's about it. But the chain isn't a bad idea!

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
would love to see the foo negelt the chain and try to leave in a hurry. then ether he'll snap the chain, bend the rear subframe, or break lamp post.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Unplug distributor. Free. Unplug fuel pump. Free. Remove ECU fuse. Free. Unplug main relay. Free.

See where this is going. It's easy to immobilize your vehicle.

I work for an alarm company. Thinking about wiring in a Fire Alarm Horn Strobe to the door ajar switch to a latching relay. Once activated a hidden switch would be the only thing to turn it off. 104db horn/115cd strobe mounted on the B pillar about seat belt height.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
whats a way to keep em from bustin out my window or not getting in there in the first place

·
Registered
982 Posts
Thinking about wiring in a Fire Alarm Horn Strobe to the door ajar switch to a latching relay. Once activated a hidden switch would be the only thing to turn it off. 104db horn/115cd strobe mounted on the B pillar about seat belt height.
What do the horns run off (voltage)?
Use this to lock your hood. One end of the chain bolted to the hood near latch, guide the chain to go down as you close the hood. Use lock to lock chain to lower sub frame, brace bar, lower radiator support,... or front tow loop etc..

Pictures of Products:

*Note: Pictures for demonstration. A longer chain might be better.
*Note: The bigger/thick/beefier the chain you buy the better. Same goes for the lock.
*Note: DO NOT FORGET to unchain the car before you drive anywhere. Bad things will happen if you do forget.

Now you have a hood that cannot be easily opened and a horn in someones ear if they try to cut any wires inside.

Add a pager alarm and a tracking device for more layers of protection.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
What do the horns run off (voltage)?
Yes. They can operate with voltage as low as 8.5vdc.

With the loud horn and strobe it would attract any and all attention to deter them from any further progress. And no further damage would occur to your car. A chain hooked to your car can cause some significant damage if they try to get away in a hurry.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
The owner tied a chain to his car and a tree while he went into starbucks to get a coffee. He forgot all about it when he came out and well... You see what happened.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts