Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Honda Civic sedan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(((In a learning curve here))) . Got a boosted d16y7
Using hondata s300 .Been doing some pulls on my street. First couple of pulls looks to be that I'm running very rich around 9 /10 ish on my a/f gauge so in the high speed tables I took away 5 % on fuel, did another pull and it came to 11 and she pulled very good .during idle I'm at 16 , normal cruising she's at 14 .where it should be
"I'm new at this so any input would be great" ,
((Questions ))
1. How can I keep my Rpm's from cutting to soon ? I've changed the settings but she still cutting at 7 k , I want 8200 .
2.during idle , I've I creased fuel delivery on the low speed tables between 750 and 900 rpm in columns 1 and 2 , nothing is changing ... have an idea what mistakes I'm making ?
I will eventually take it to a tuner but I want to learn as much as possible .

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
close loop or open loop idle?

Why the need to up rpm limit? if your not build for it or making power up there its pointless.

Data logging is your key. datalog as many cells as you can.
And dont forget that throttle load effect AFR not just rpm x load pressure.

·
Registered
95 Honda Civic sedan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will say that there is no o2 sensor , just my wide band i don't have it connected to the ecu
It's a boosted vitara build

·
Registered
95 Honda Civic sedan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
close loop or open loop idle?

Why the need to up rpm limit? if your not build for it or making power up there its pointless.

Data logging is your key. datalog as many cells as you can.
And dont forget that throttle load effect AFR not just rpm x load pressure.
Well , it's a lil hatch back civic with a y7 ,I've built the engine ,it's built to handle the load new complete vavle train from supertech and skunk 2 rods , turbonetics super 60, the ecu is cutting the fuel off when I'm trying to reach rpm I don't have an rpm gauge, I'm currently using my phone to view the Rpm's .its irritating. Cause the turbo starts to spool at roughly for and before it can reach its full potential ... The ecu cuts the fuel

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
if using tuning software (you said hondata) it shouldnt be doing that. The rpm limiter should be able to be removed.
The fuel and ignition maps should extend to the rpms your trying to hit.

IF all that is in order there should be no reason it wouldnt rev that high.
Can you rev it while in N?
and hondata has datalogging for you can check rpms there and check over your playbacks and see what is happening.

and boost cut can show lean on the WB .

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Is your car idling at or around 750? Increasing the fuel in that area should lower your AFR. When I had crome, I noticed that all the other bases had the first column set at 500 but mine was set at 703 with a target idle of 700. The car would just shut off after post fuel enrichment.

·
Registered
95 Honda Civic sedan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got to talking with one of my buds and I found out that it was boost cut parameter setting holding me back from reaching the Rpm's I was looking for . I turned it off ,will leave it at 9 psi ,I have a stock map sensor ... Orderd a hondata map sensor tonight ...

·
Registered
95 Honda Civic sedan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is your car idling at or around 750? Increasing the fuel in that area should lower your AFR. When I had crome, I noticed that all the other bases had the first column set at 500 but mine was set at 703 with a target idle of 700. The car would just shut off after post fuel enrichment.
I'm going to give it another try , yeah she's idling at 750 Rpm's

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
I'm going to give it another try , yeah she's idling at 750 Rpm's

Is 750 the first rpm cell on your map?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts