Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Xbox haven't been working for a while yet and I was wondering if anybody here knows how to fix them. It might be something simple, it might envolve different process. If anybody can help me out I will be thankfull.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
well, what exactly is your problem? and which xbox is it?

if its the original one try swapping out with a new cd/dvd drive. ive owned at least 4 that had this problem. bought them off ebay super cheap. then fixed them.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
If its the disk drive filure I can do a band-aid fix... but you'll most likely need a new disk drive. To fix its something about being illegal and flashing your disk drive.... I don't I went out and got the big black 360. :lol:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys about that guys, its the original xbox. It will try to load but will not read the game, It will give a message saying the disc is dirty when the disc is clean. Where and What exactly do I have to buy, brand model ect.....

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
your drive is shot

there's lots of good writeups on the internet. check Google.

you'll have to open the case to find out exactly which hardware version you have I believe. Then you can order the replacement parts.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
i gots bill gates on speed dial, i could call him if you want... j/k

*good luck with fixin' it, homie*

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
This is an easy fix for the RROD error, just follow the three steps and you wont have that issue ever again.

step 1, buy a medium sized fan from walmart with 3 selections for speeds.
step 2. lay the xbox on its side and ducktape all the controlers and games to it.
step 3. trade the xbox 360 in for a ps3.

Tadaaa now you can be cool with a fan in the hot summer sun and never have to worry about the RROD again!

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
This is an easy fix for the RROD error, just follow the three steps and you wont have that issue ever again.

step 1, buy a medium sized fan from walmart with 3 selections for speeds.
step 2. lay the xbox on its side and ducktape all the controlers and games to it.
step 3. trade the xbox 360 in for a ps3.

Tadaaa now you can be cool with a fan in the hot summer sun and never have to worry about the RROD again!
Friggan hilarious I laughed so hard :bigrofl:

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
ouch now off to microsoft so you can hurry up and wait for them to fix it shit sucks
he has an ORIGINAL XBOX...not 360...
colored ring on the original means the video cable isn't plugged in or detected i believe
i guess it could be any error for all i know

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
You know what xbox is junk both of em playstation does not have this problem. Mine gave me the red rings after 6 months its bullshit.
I am not a big fan of Xbox, but the PS2 had it's fair share of problems with the first versions. i bought mine the day it came out and it would not play any games or movies at all. i got fed up and flipped out at sony and their product help line staff. i ended up getting it fixed for free. after that it was absolutely flawless. turns out the laser is easily damaged.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts