Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn’t think y’all would like a new thread so I choose this “latest” idle thread.
My idle surges. It will idle perfect at 550 when I manually close this diaphragm. It doesn’t close all of the way. I see the adjustment screw that I would have to take off the whole tb to get to but it doesn’t need to be backed off because it never bottoms out. I thought about seeing if I could wined the tb spring around one extra time but doubted weather it would go completely around. It’s obvious someone made an attempt at the screws. If I cut the heads off of those screws will that diaphragm slide off or is it threaded also. I was thinking I could remove it and remove material from the side of the diaphragm that makes contact with the tb. lowering its profile resulting in the plunger sitting deeper inside of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took off the IACV and added some forma gasket and that fixed the surging but the idle is high bc of that dashspot diaphragm i manually close it and its idle low it’s great. Instead of f ing up my stuff I’ll see if ace hardware springs I can wrap around it and the plunger arm

21 - 22 of 22 Posts