Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know how I can find where the turbos are made like china japan or elswhere ? So many are on sale, and don't know what are smelling shit, or simply a good choice. Also, I want to know if rebuild kits are the same for both good japan turbos or cheap china ones ?

I'm little bit lost in turbo choices, size, quality, internal or external wastegate and more. I'm trying to make it clearer in my mind.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
go-autoworks.com

that is all u need to know

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
who is the maker of the turbo? once you find that out, google it. :TU:

now if your buying an ebay turbo, well those are all from one place. china.
ooohh snap!!! that means that the ebay one is mad tyte JDM soon!!!

u better get one of them!!!!

JK

IMO garrett FTW

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
just buy from a reputable company... if you have the money to boost your car dont cheap out and get some shit that'll fuck your shit up

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Belette the all motor pimp is boosting?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
^^HAHAHHAA

its hit and miss for EbAY turbos....they give about a year and in that time you should be able to save up some coin for a better name brand turbo

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Belette the all motor pimp is boosting?

LOOOOL !!!!! I'm not the N/A pimp, perhaps more a Y7 lover ! Since many years I play with N/A setup and I ever tried some small nitrous shots. Now I think I've reached enough mecanic knowledge to try a first and well-made turbo setup, I want to be in the adult playground :)

I will have to much money to invest and headaches with N/A setup to reach numbers I would to get in 12 @ 1/4 mile.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
Agree with the others as well.

Also some turbos like the 14b, 16g etc do good as well. I think it all runs down to your power goals. I run a small TD05H(14b) to pep up my y7 to rip through the hills.

Internal gated turbos are alright for a while. You'll want more boost eventully as it is addicting :lol: Think the best bang for the buck wold be to start with a external gated setup. It leaves the option of turning up the boost later on w/o having to do ghetto shit like put washers on the WG hehe

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agree with the others as well.

Also some turbos like the 14b, 16g etc do good as well. I think it all runs down to your power goals. I run a small TD05H(14b) to pep up my y7 to rip through the hills.

Internal gated turbos are alright for a while. You'll want more boost eventully as it is addicting :lol: Think the best bang for the buck wold be to start with a external gated setup. It leaves the option of turning up the boost later on w/o having to do ghetto shit like put washers on the WG hehe
To my sight the cheapest 'good' turbos for sale come with internal wastegate, if not they are cheap chinese wing won ton soup or they are at 1500$. Like t25 from sr20det come with internal waste gate.

How much hp can handle a internal wastegate setup ?

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
To my sight the cheapest 'good' turbos for sale come with internal wastegate, if not they are cheap chinese wing won ton soup or they are at 1500$. Like t25 from sr20det come with internal waste gate.

How much hp can handle a internal wastegate setup ?
DSM big 16G is a nice turbo if you want to go with an internal gate.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
You guys ever think about getting a ebay turbo kit and when the turbo seals do go out just send it to Garrett to get it rebuilt and then your set???

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys ever think about getting a ebay turbo kit and when the turbo seals do go out just send it to Garrett to get it rebuilt and then your set???
I think that sending it to garett will cost to you the full turbo price.

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts