Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so when i was doing this it came to my attention that there really wasnt much info out there on this so here it go's nothing.

THANKS to members (nub) and (2jzdreamin) for help with info on wiring

well when i was swaping in my motor i bought a harness and i didn't notice it was an HX model harness, so i couldn't plug in my regular style 4 wire o2 sensor. So here are the steps as how to wire your harness to do it

step 1 locate the 7 wire hx o2 sensor plug

the wires on it should match up as follow

so as we know we need 4 wires to the o2 sensor
so out of the 7 wires on the harness sensor we are going to use 4 of them
wire #1 black/white #3 green/black #4 white and #8 Red unpin these wires from the connector.

so for your 4 wire o2 sensor you will need a 4 wires connector as so

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
so on the 4 wire connector based on the pic above you are going to put the wires in accordingly.
Top left: WHITE
Top right: GREEN/BLACK
Bottom left: RED
Bottom right: BLACK/WHITE

and you should have this

so we aren't done yet on the ecu plugs only 3 of the 4 wires we used are pinned in the correct spot for our conversion
the WHITE wire is pinned to location D7 the GREEN/BLACK wire is pinned at D11 the BLACK/WHITE wire is pinned at A6 these re the 3 correct ones the RED wire is the one we need to de pin and move over to location A11 in my case there was a wire already in a11 i took that one out and put the red one in its location

and your pretty much good to go
if anyone has anything to add please do so or let me know if anything needs to be changed

·
Registered
476 Posts
Where you depinned A11 removing the Yel/Blk and replaced it with you fourth wire isn't correct. You need that Yel/Blk wire hooked up. That supplies key on power to the injectors as well as the IACV. This is also common to pin A24 which run to junction C130.
Your extra wire should have tied into or tapped the Yel/Blk wire not replaced it.

Sorry if that wasn't clear before.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Where you depinned A11 removing the Yel/Blk and replaced it with you fourth wire isn't correct. You need that Yel/Blk wire hooked up. That supplies key on power to the ecu,injectors and IACV. This is also common to pin A24 which run to junction C130.
Your extra wire should have tied into or tapped the Yel/Blk wire not replaced it.

Sorry if that wasn't clear before.
this^^

·
Registered
476 Posts
....wonder how my car has been running fine.....
A11 and A24 both get a common ignition power from the PGMFI relay. This common ign. power also feeds the juction connector that gives power to the injectors and IACV.

In essence they're all tied together after the relay and before the ecu.

A11 is an ignition power INPUT to the ecu. The only thing I can think of is A6 is back feeding through the O2 heater to A11. I don't think the O2 heater has a diode in it, it's just a resistor.

A6 with the key onII has 12v, once the engine is up to temp it's duty contolled to ground. Maybe that little bit of 12v feed from A6 is enough to make everything "seem" normal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts