Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know "My Project" 92 DX was involve in a fire, to make the whole story short.
This is the way the car look after the fire.

This is the way it looks now after a bit of cleaning.

Now my question is, is there a product/prosedure that I can do to make the car look better, I know that I have to paint the car, but being that my car didn't look that bad, before the fire, I decide to spend my money on making my car run better first.

Now that my car got burn, I still want to concentrate on making it run fast. I will worried about the paint later but was wondering if there are other products out there for cleaning the paint much better, I have a buffer machine so If I have to take each area at a time or use soft wet sand to remove the yellowish out of my car I will do that , I just want to make sure Im using and doing the right thing

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fire man, that surely blows! Odd how the driver's rear quarter seems to be "fine", but all the other panels are discolored.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fire man, that surely blows! Odd how the driver's rear quarter seems to be "fine", but all the other panels are discolored.
x2

boriqua, there is a cleaning agent that wal-mart sells thats designed for cleaning up fire damage

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the car was in a fire i would becareful wet sanding. how close was it to the fire? my concern would be how much clear is left.
The cars clear overall wasn't as good, the only area that had good clear was the driver side door thats why the door turn yellowish. the rest of the car with the exception of the bumpers came out pretty good.

Is funny how the fire travels. I had my Tool box right next to the flames, now the handle that was the cloesest to the fire is ok, the other handle that was away from the fire is melted, go figure!!!
x2

boriqua, there is a cleaning agent that wal-mart sells thats designed for cleaning up fire damage
Can you find out the name? A few people around my way told me to use a heavy duty compound by 3M that suppose to do wonders, I already have and will try it maybe tomorow.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spray some purple power on it, let sit for a minute or 2 and star washing
Thats what I used to clean it it did an excellent job but the parts with the clear I have to use something else and probably a high speed buffer and a lot of time and patience!!

how did you manage to set your car/toolbox on fire????
It wasn't me, I got a call at 3:30 am that my garage was on fire, police still investigating. They found a extension cord coming all the way from a house thru the back yard all the way to the garage. They still investigating if it was an accident or somebody did it, I ended up paying the price because I had no insurance, the guy that was renting the place though that because he paid insurance on the house it will cover the garage, it didn't. Also the lady that owns the house where the fire started all ready paid for the house and the stupid law here in PA says that is not mandatory to have insurance once you have your house paid for.
so everything is on me!! talking about "Assume the position".

But don't worry Im working on making it better, faster but painted.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
You got the right idea buildin' the motor up before gettin' her lookin' tops. A good rule to follow: GO before SHOW. It will especially be cool when you pull up some bitch and he makes fun of you and then you walk him around the block like a puppy. It will also make it more exiciting when you finally get that thing painted and then it fast, clean, painted, and beautiful all together.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Sorry this happened to your Baby. It honestly looks like your Bumper ain't gonna cut it cause it's Rubber. As far as the rest of the Body, it looks like it's Toast too but like freon480 said, I would be careful wet sanding cause it looks deep already. Have you Tried Wet sanding it on a little section? Try it and see what happens, but use a 2000 grid sand paper just to see.
If it's Toast then Sand it down and Prime the Damn thing. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Wait a second....your telling me that "somebody else" ran an overly long extension cord from a socket in your garage to power their house/appliance? And its not their fault? BS, I'd be on the phone to 3 lawyers to get damages plus more!! You NEED to talk with an attorney before you go ahead and lay down to take it in the tailpipe!! I mean, they were STEALING ELECTRICITY FROM YOU!! Then put you and your family at serious risk of injury from overloading your wall socket, that caught on fire that could have potentially injured you and your family.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you guys for your inputs, I will try the 3M product first, since i already have it,if that doesn't work I will try A bit of wet sanding. The bumpers probably wont get any better being that they are plastic/fiberglass but Im gonna try to make the rest of the car looking good and clean, gonna take care of any small little dents via a few tricks that I have seen to see if I can make the car straight all over. Then I will remove the moldings ect and take it to macco and at least make her look good. I belived that as long as the body is straight and you take care as much as possible to have the car ready for paint, then macco can do a better job.

But probably before that I will take the engine out, paint everything maybe do some powder coating in some stuff then paint the car so it might be a while.

Still waiting to see if I make some money with my for sale thread.

Have you guys seen my stuff? check it out please maybe theres something there that you or somebody you know might need.

Once again guys thank you for your input and concerns!! and keep it coming!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts