Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
this is all you need, that wrench and black little soft brisle brush comes with the gun when you buy it. little skew driver set is also not needed just used it to take c clip off made it easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
take these off

if you happen to have trouble just message me.

Attachments

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
get in their with mineral spirits wet your brush and start cleaning away, the cleaner the better.

DO NOT USE PAINT THINNER

Attachments

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
get your lube i used petroleum jelly and lube up all your treads and sliding thing. DO NOT PUT PETROLEUM JELLY WERE THEIR WILL BE PAINT.

EDIT. ^^^ first picture the thing on the bottom of the picture make sure you lube on the spring and that brass looking thing but dont put lube past that.

Attachments

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
now after your all done cleaning and lubing it put it back together not hard you should be able to do so. pictures of mine done, i did not clean the outside very good or the outside of the paint cup, because its just going to get dirty next time i use it.

Attachments

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
if you need any help taking apart your hvlp harbor freight gun just message me. have a good weekend peace. o yea rep if this helped you in any way thanks.

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very good i have had no problems with them last one broke user's fault ran out of mineral spirits to clean it dried up. and if your a harbor freight hore like me you no about their customer service. comes with 1 year warranty i have nothing bad to say about this gun.

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope never painted with a high end gun only this one and a old fashion one o and a touch up one all from harbor freight tools no problems with them at all.

wont let me upload pics right now sorry d16savage

·
Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
694 Posts
the HF one is a 7 outa 10 in my book

Reason why my inut is valid: professional aircraft painter, military and civilian budgets, so we always had the best of the best tools. Ive used set ups from Sharpe, Devilbiss, Binks, CA tech, Astro, Optima, as well as a few other brands, usualy top of the line models.

·
Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
694 Posts
best suggestion I can make to people is to swap out the needle nose and cap with a (IIRC) binks setup, not 100% sure which type, but I think the binks Mach 1 HVLP gun that has the same internal machining. Also invest in a VERY good air line dryer, I found it best to run one at the tank, and a disposable one at the gun

·
Registered
765 Posts
I still have my Binks and DeVilbiss guns from when I had my shop and the guns I have from Campbell Hausfeld and Harbor freight work very well compared to my more expensive units.

The Cambell Hausfeld rank about an eight out of ten as compared to the Binks and DeVilbiss and the Harbor Freight gun is about a seven. The guns work very well, especially for production line work and are very easy to clean.

Both brands really impressed me, especially for the money. The Harbor Freight and Campbell Hausfeld guns cost me less than a hundred and twenty for all three, now compare that to three hundred and fifty just for the DeVilbiss.

These guns are good for shooting primers and single stage paints but for custom work the Binks would definitely be the best gun to use in my opinion.

·
Registered
765 Posts
best suggestion I can make to people is to swap out the needle nose and cap with a (IIRC) binks setup, not 100% sure which type, but I think the binks Mach 1 HVLP gun that has the same internal machining. Also invest in a VERY good air line dryer, I found it best to run one at the tank, and a disposable one at the gun
^^^Excellent Recommendation!^^^

Swapping out the tip will give a more atomized and a more uniform fan than the original tip and it will also minimize drips. The water separators are a must!! Moisture from the air line will just destroy your paint job!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts