Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the little plug located at that i have to jump in order to set the timing properly? i cant find that bastard anywhere i would have thought it was near my ecu but no luck finding it.

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Check timing or check obd code nevered herd of the plug to check timing, assuming this would be for the obd code jumper. Its with another plug that looks just like it held by a green rubber clip piece, you would have to actually take it out of that green rubber piece to be able to jump it.

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok yeah i was just looking and i found that green rubber piece that it sits inside.... correct me if im wrong but i was informed that i have to jump this in order to SET the timing...

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
ok yeah i was just looking and i found that green rubber piece that it sits inside.... correct me if im wrong but i was informed that i have to jump this in order to SET the timing...
yes, you run the engine to normal operating temperature then shut it off. hook up your timing light and jump the connector. turn the engine on, and check/ adjust your timing. after its set, turn engine off and disconnect jumper and timing light. then whalla!! your done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts