Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
send it to rc for a balance and flow test.... and they can tell you if it is or not.....other than that i have no clue....safely that is....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sending it to rc is not an option, the scenario im thinking is that you are in a junk yard hunting for injectors or youre checking em out on some guy's driveway

can you pass a current through the injector to see if it works? or will running them dry kill them?

K

·
0 Posts
I know that this may not be the safest way to test injectors but it is a failproof method.

Pull the injectors out of the rail and put them each in a dixi cup, Since a fuel injector should prime the cylinder when the key is cycled to the on position I would flip the ignition key from off to on and then check the dixi cups for fuel. If a cup has no fuel in it then the injector did not fire. This doesnt mean that the injector is bad this only means that there is a fault in that fuel supply some where. It could be a clogged port or a bad signal to the injector.

If the injector does not fire on a certain cylinder then try to swap injectors with another cylinder to see if the problem follows the injector or the certain cylinder.

Im sure that this make sense.

Ken

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I think you could try to open them with 12V... just make sure you get the polarity correct or else it will seem like its broken.

but yeah, you should hear it click with 12V applied. From my understanding they are just solenoids.

now, if they are clogged, that's a different story. you won't know until you try to use them. But they can be cleaned...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts