Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wasnt watching my friend when he turned mine up, anyways i need to turn it back down cus its idling at 1500-1600...how do i do this? dont laugh or leave stupid ass comments cus i seriously need to do this, im throwing iacv codes again...ok you can leave stupid ass comments but i seriously do need help tho

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
idling that high? first check the tension on the throttle cable...

to adjust idle, crank car, unplug iacv connector. Then adjust idle set screw on the tb to get idle ~500rpm. Then turn off car, reconnect iacv, and reset ecu to clear the CEL from disconnecting the iacv.

If this doesn't work, and throttle cable is good, then sounds like you have a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah we turned the idle really high as a quick fix because it was idling at 300 and shutting off when i had the a/c on and came to a stop...thanks for help ill try when i get home if i dont pass out on couch first

·
Registered
Honda Civic
693 Posts
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24908

"While at operating temp, take off the IACV plug, then adjust idle with idle screw with no load. Then turn off engine, plug the connector and reset ECU.

Run the engine for one minute without load. Then run the engine for one minute with headlights on and check idle. Do the same for air con.
Hope that helps."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts