Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic Ex
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INTRO: This may not even be a concern for people anymore but I didn't see this idea suggested so figured I would share it anyway.
  • This was done on a EJ8 Civic Coupe with Power Windows.
  • I already replaced the regulator and track and it still happened.
  • You can grease the crap out of it if you want but it was a short term fix for me.
I was getting tired of this happening weekly, so I took it all out and went over everything and found a solution. It has been 2.5yrs now since I did this and haven't had a single issue, so I deem this as an actual fix.

THE FIX:
  • You will need to remove your window, regulator and track from the door in order to do this properly.
  • You can find that information using the search on this forum or google.
  • Be careful. I am not responsible if you break anything. Do this at your own risk. If you don't feel confident, ask a friend?
There is a dimple on the window tracks. It is what stops the roller from going off the guide on the track. Get a punch and punch that in more than it already is, and make sure the roller stops at that dimple.. even put some oomph behind it to make sure it cannot get past it. If it does, punch it deeper (Haha).

That's it. Grease everything up while it's all out if you want, clean the window.. whatever you want to do. I don't know if this will work with other gens. or crank windows but it's possible. Give it a try.

Oh ya.. Photos for reference.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
872 Posts
The link in the bottom photo is what keeps the window guided within the track, make sure this is adjusted per the workshop manual within the slot cut in the door shell to prevent the window from creating gaps when it's fully closed. Also, instead of punching that dimple, the otherside of the track should have the edges folded/formed down. The window mechanism is assembled from factory with the tabs straight, and then once they're assembled the tabs are folded down to prevent the wheels from going passed the dimple. over time these tabs may start to straighten out and need to be folded back down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts