Honda D Series Forum banner

How the hell?

2K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  88CRX 
#1 ·
Well i just finished my road race turbo build and was doing some engine break in. Well on my way back to my apt i was sitting at the stop light ...turned green so i proceed like normal to go and i hear a click and my car turns off i try to start it and got nothing. Upon poping my hood i find the cam gear no where it should be. What the hell would cause this:

yes thats part of my compcams 95300 still in there.

See less See more
#12 ·
it was rubber from a previous timing belt setup...gates racing thats a different story

rocker arm assembly was torqued per helms manual camshaft bolt was hand tightened with my ~7inch long 12mm wrench
timingbelt tension was set per helms manual:3 theeth rotation then tighten tensioner

i have yet to do any further inspection on the head to see the story

i have had this camshaft for 2 years and it seems kinda odd that it failed now when everything torque wise is the same

the oil pump was in the lower boundries for clearences so i doubt it was an oiling issue. This literally happened at 2k rpms.

#18 ·
if it broke from the material, the keyway wouldnt be like that.. something was too tight, and or oiling issue to the head..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.