Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but how do i get it over the cv joints and shit, one end is really small.?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
just buy reman axles for $59, alot easier!!!!!!!

To install the boots, you must seperate the joint, clean out the grease, repack, change boot, reassemble joint, tighten band clamps (tool alone is $60!) and hope you did it all right.

$59 reman axles from Autozone and other outlets, plus they carry a lifetime warranty!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i could find somether way to tighen the clamps. y spend 60 when i could spend 6?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
got my reman. axles for $38...i love school discounts....its really a pan to replace just the boots...in the end it may cost $66 and more down time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dont be cheap you probably have a rediculous amount of miles on your half-shafts anyways. Besides you look real cool at autozone when youre buying axles.

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
i know in the uk you can get a split boot , it is a very good kit you cut it to size and then glue it together , with this gule that rubberizes then you zip tye each end , the kit comes with all the stuff you need, cv grease tyes glue , this kit is about £10 =$20usd aprox , it is highly recomended by the MOT people "minersty of transport"
and thay are vert stricked

·
Banned
939 Posts
I have to second replacing the whole axle. The joints don't always readily come apart and the time savings cinches it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude seriously just replace the axels... generally when the boot splits the cv is screwed because dirt gets in there...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
just a fair warning, split boots are NOT WORTH IT!!!

you can drive around with the split boot until the car starts the clankin noises, so you probably have some time to find a good deal and save for a new axle. if the noise is already there, you're too late to even replace the boot, the cv joint is shot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts