Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lowering my car 2.75 inches on some blox lowering springs and shocks this weekend and was wondering if at that level of lowering i would be affecting my camber enough to reduce straightline traction?
How much of a traction loss do you notice with negative camber? And would it be worth it to buy an anchor style camber kit or just leave it be?

·
Registered
Civic/4Runner
137 Posts
just buy the camber kit, road course setups consist of around -2.5 degrees up front to help with corner traction. So i would assume that wouldn't be very ideal for straight line.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Im sure if you do a pic search, youll see plenty of fuct up shock towers because of ricer lowering and bad alignment advice.

If you plan on tracking the car, corner balanced coilovers is what youll need. Along with adjustables and sway bars to get proper alignment and traction.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
If I adjust them all the way out mine will.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered a front and rear camber kit, is it possible to set my camber settings so i may induce a little more oversteer in my car?

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
The best way to get your car to over steer is to put heavier springs in the back and add/upgrade the rear sway bar. Also applying the brakes at the right time can get the back end to come around ... no I'm not about e-braking it.

Adjusting your toe settings is also great for turn in, and will have a greater effect that adjusting your camber. A little toe out up front and a little toe in at the back goes a long way.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The best way to get your car to over steer is to put heavier springs in the back and add/upgrade the rear sway bar. Also applying the brakes at the right time can get the back end to come around ... no I'm not about e-braking it.

Adjusting your toe settings is also great for turn in, and will have a greater effect that adjusting your camber. A little toe out up front and a little toe in at the back goes a long way.
Id assume youd apply the brakes before entering the turn correct?
And So how much toe should i run in the front/rear for a better turn in? I wasnt even aware toe was adjustable in the rear. Ill be doing my alignment as soon as my camber kit gets here so id like to have the specs all worked out.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
You actually apply the brakes after your interia has started into the turn. Shifts the weight off the back tires as they're trying to follow the front end ... and the back swings around to line up.

I don't remember what the actual measurements ended up being ... I'll have to find the alignment sheet. But the goal was 0.4* toe out in front and 0.4* toe in at the rear. I don't think they got that far in on the rear toe, I'm not sure there is enough adjustment there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So i ended up running my front camber at -1.5* and my rear at -.9*, 0* of toe up front and .15* of toe out in the rear.
I tried .1* of toe out up front for a two days and my steering felt much lighter than before and my turn in response seemed faster but i DD the car and i didnt want to wear my tires too much.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Yea the fucked up shock towers is because race car low... super soft ebay springs and/or shitty dampers...

My suspension range is maybe 2in max and barely flexs. But for how stiff it is, the highway is damn smooth.

But from experience you need rollbar and then springs for great rotation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts