Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody! you guys know how much i should pay to put d16a6 oversize pistons into my d16z6? i called my shop today and they said it will cost around $2000...? is this right? they said they will have to send my engine to a machine shop and check and balance everything prior to installing it... can't they just remove everything, bore the cylinder then put the pistons? thanks again guys for your help!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Bore, hone, new rings, replaceing and sizing new bearings, parts and labor. $2K sounds high, but if there balanceing, removeing and replaceing the engine and blueprinting everything it's not unbelievible.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I rebuilt my entire D with p29's new everything with machining it cost me 700 cdn!! All OEM parts. Mind you I did it myself. The only thing the machine shop did was bore the block and put the new pistons on my rods!

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
i paid 500 for line bore, deck ,ball hone, balance, assembley, throw in ten bucks a rod or so to press on new pistons...

·
Registered
936 Posts
cost me 40 bucks to press pistons onto rods. that's it!.
-but, in you case, you have to bore, hone, balance...etc.
-might as well get a b16a for all that trouble. -same horsies, and still room to upgrade-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts