Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a 4Door Sedan 99 with d16z6 swap,
my cousin gave me his turbo kit, it was with JDM S14a Ballbearing Turbo.
Motor is stock.
My location can't access dyno and i am going to tune myself with crome.
as i research stock motor should around 230HP, how much psi i should go?

·
Registered
975 Posts
How can you acuratley gauge the amount of psi you will be running in your car with out knowing exact deminsions of the Throttle body Intake mainfold Cold side output size of the turbo. If i was to say 8 psi is safe it may or may not be 8psi on 1 square inch is alot different the 8 psi on 1 square foot there is just way to much envolved to determine a safe psi for a stock engine. Honestly the safest psi for a stock engine is to leave it stock. The ecu and fuel mapping need to be adjusted for whatever setup you run. So in all there is no way for anyone to tell you a safe psi to run at with out knowing every variable about your car and the enviroment you drive it in. Also you might try a search I know since I joined this question has been asked more than once. I hope I helped a little.

Look this one just today
http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/163047-how-much-boost-stock-engine-but-tuned.html

:trysearch::trysearch::trysearch:

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
I'm about tired of spoon feeding you n00bs, but I'm feeling generous this morning. The search is your friend. Here is Ann excerpt from one of my knowledge posts to another guy asking basically the same thing...

39pounds. Run nawws. Make sure you don't blow the welds on the intake and it'll be fine.

Sent from my HTC PH3910 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
So I have a 4Door Sedan 99 with d16z6 swap,
my cousin gave me his turbo kit, it was with JDM S14a Ballbearing Turbo.
Motor is stock.
My location can't access dyno and i am going to tune myself with crome.
as i research stock motor should around 230HP, how much psi i should go?
Is that pix you or your girl?

now on to your question.

JDM turbo ????
Can if you dont know how to tune then dont try to tune turbo on your first go away. Things can go wrong very fast.
PSI doesnt matter its tq that breaks motors.
Only way to find out psi:hp setting on your setup is to run it on a dyno.
So with that said research other peoples build and see what they made at "x" amount of psi and build yourself a graph to find out how many psi on your setup (motor, dp, manifold, turbo etc..) it will take to make "y" amount of hp

·
Registered
22 Posts
too many variables, unless someone has ran same motor, same turbo. And even then, things change. If your gonna try and street tune, just do small steps. GL

·
Registered
975 Posts
7 psi on stock internals.
So I can run 7 Psi through 3 inch piping and I will be safe using a cat diesel turbo or 7 Psi through 2 inch piping using a blow drier ? How can you say 7 Psi is safe ?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
the turbo is probably smaller than its supposed to be. measure the inducers and exducers on the turbo and then you can say approx how many cfms it pushes. from that you can calculate how many psi is needed to reach your hp goal.

if you need any help tuning the turbo setup just send me an email!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts