Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I come to a point that I need to order springs for my tial mv-s 38mm wastegate. How much psi can I put on my build d16z6 ycp vitara pistons 75,5mm , walbro, 750cc, t3/4e , eagle rods, bisimoto valve seals and springs and the rest is stock oem as for im tb. I want to push as hard as I can with this setup without breaking the engine. After some research I found answers varying from 16 psi to 30 psi. How much psi is "safe" and how much is really pushing it to the edge?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,458 Posts
Ive seen stock with 200psi across the board

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the arp head studs, but what sup with your advice on helping me? If you find me blowing up my build on 30 psi funny... well its not that funny at all. Back in the days people on this forum were really helpful.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Back in the days people also searched first and used proper grammar and could form a coherent thought.

You are asking the wrong question. 10 psi on a t25 is different from 10 psi on a T4. Are you tuning this your self? If so ... there's way more to it than how much pressure you're going to let your turbo run and you should probably hit the books. I'm sure what you really want to know is what would be a safe power level.

What injectors are you running? What fuel pump? You can go as high as the most limiting factor of your build will let you.

Stock fuel system ... good luck getting over 150 whp. Stock exhaust ... that's a choke point. Stock clutch ... that'll slip fast.

If you aren't tuning it yourself your limiting factor is going to be your tuner and his comfort level/experience. Ask your tuner how high he's comfortable taking your set up. Or just hand it to him and find out how high it goes.

Did your wastegate not come with a spring? Just use the one that's in there and turn it up with a boost controller.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Apparently he searched enough to put Vitaras in the block.

There goes throttle response..

But im sure this has been said tens of thousands of times over all the honda based boards..

"PSI doesnt kill engines, Detonation does"

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
seriously was that door replaced? the paint is garbage and none of the trim fits right

that's what ford wants $40k for? srsly?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Before a new user is able to post in force induction.
There should be one of those word captcha.
Saying something like.
"Psi doesnt break motors but _________ does?"

and they shouldnt be albe to post until they get the right answer :D

Like really i gone for a few days and at lest 3 post saying the same thing.
Thoughr sumber was over.
Yes sumber

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,458 Posts
Before a new user is able to post in force induction.
There should be one of those word captcha.
Saying something like.
"Psi doesnt break motors but _________ does?"

and they shouldnt be albe to post until they get the right answer :D

Like really i gone for a few days and at lest 3 post saying the same thing.
Thoughr sumber was over.
Yes sumber
well, see, that's why Im an asshole lol. they play the broken record, so I turn into a dj and remix it and scratch it lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts