Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a break down of my entire build thus far. About to break in the motor and then off to the dyno within the next month or so. I have a set goal but I'm curious what everyone thinks I can make. Please share your experiences!

Stock port d16y8 head
Stock valves
Skunk2 springs and titanium retainers
Comp-59300 cam
AEM tru-time gear
Gates Racing belt
Stock z6 oil pump shimmed
Je Proseal 76mm headgasket
ARP std size head studs
Darton sleeve d16z6 block bored 76mm
Stock z6 crank
76mm vitara pistons
Eagle rods std length
ACL race rod and main bearings
Skunk2 proseries intake manifold
Skunk2 4bar map sensor
Speedfactory 70mm throttle body
VMS Racing fuel rail
BLOX adjustable regulator
1000cc Grams injectors
Walbro 255lph pump
Ebay GT3582 .63ar exhaust
3" turbo back exhaust
Custom T3/T4 top mount manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate
2.5" intercooler piping with big intercooler
Turbonetics raptor blow off
Speedfactory 3-port solenoid
Hondata p28 pwm boost control
Competition Clutch stage 4 sprung clutch kit
ARP flywheel + pressure plate bolts

This setup will be on pump gas 93 octane. E85 isn't an option where I'm from and I'm aware that limits things.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
529 Posts
400whp, +/- 50 :)

Your limiting items here are going to be fuelling related (injectors, fuel type) and possibly (cross fingers, knock on wood that it doesn't happen to you) head gasket sealing.

Search around the forum and you'll see this. It seems to be a mixed bag, and I'm not really sure why, where some guys pop head gaskets left and right at no particular power levels, and others manage to have theirs withstand insane levels of power for forever with no special block/head treatment.

Pictures!

I look forward to the dyno results!

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
54 Posts
How about mine. I don't have a deep plan like him yet.

d16y8 intake and head (factory)
d16y7 block
speed factory long rods
75.5 vitara pistons
ramhorn mainfold (I really like the look, this is the ONLY reason I want to use one).
one of those super common (27"x7") air/air intercoolers
tanabe medallion exhaust

I don't know much about turbos, so I don't have one picked out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
400whp, +/- 50 :)

Your limiting items here are going to be fuelling related (injectors, fuel type) and possibly (cross fingers, knock on wood that it doesn't happen to you) head gasket sealing.

Search around the forum and you'll see this. It seems to be a mixed bag, and I'm not really sure why, where some guys pop head gaskets left and right at no particular power levels, and others manage to have theirs withstand insane levels of power for forever with no special block/head treatment.

Pictures!

I look forward to the dyno results!
Perfect that's exactly what I'm aiming for is 400whp. I figured my injectors are what're going to max out first so we'll see what it can put down. I tried to add as many parts to support the power like the cam etc. to help me get there. Here's some pictures and I'll update this thread once it's done at the dyno!

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
561 Posts
1000cc/min injectors at factory fuel pressure are good about 450hp.
You put all that money into a decent build, why cheap out with vitaras?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1000cc/min injectors at factory fuel pressure are good about 450hp.
You put all that money into a decent build, why cheap out with vitaras?
To be completely honest the bottom end was what I had finished first and I just started spending more money afterwards which wasn't part of the plan haha, I wish now I went with some arias or something but vitaras will do for now anyways as I don't want to make anything more than 450whp as it's a street car.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
529 Posts
How about mine. I don't have a deep plan like him yet.

d16y8 intake and head (factory)
d16y7 block
speed factory long rods
75.5 vitara pistons
ramhorn mainfold (I really like the look, this is the ONLY reason I want to use one).
one of those super common (27"x7") air/air intercoolers
tanabe medallion exhaust

I don't know much about turbos, so I don't have one picked out.
PM'd you, so as not to jack this guy's thread :)

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,194 Posts
replace that cam gear with something that hasn't broke on a bunch of people already.

as for the y7 dude, have you looked into the issues the y engines have with oiling?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
replace that cam gear with something that hasn't broke on a bunch of people already.

as for the y7 dude, have you looked into the issues the y engines have with oiling?
I haven't heard anything about that. People have problems with the aem gear??

I haven't heard anything about that. People have problems with the aem gear??

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
561 Posts
Vitaras will work, depending on tuning they should survive a long time.
I'm a self hating vitara builder myself. Still have the built vitara motor in the corner of the garage.

Good side to them, there is plenty of room if you float a valve, or break a timing belt, or have any other timing issues with the valves.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vitaras will work, depending on tuning they should survive a long time.
I'm a self hating vitara builder myself. Still have the built vitara motor in the corner of the garage.

Good side to them, there is plenty of room if you float a valve, or break a timing belt, or have any other timing issues with the valves.
Yeah from my research etc. vitaras will most definitely do the job for me. I'm just looking for at least 400whp on 93 pump. I'm taking it to a very reputable dyno in my area that I've been to twice now. Hopefully no problems!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts